Camping in Squab Hollow

87 Reviews of 23 Squab Hollow, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Small, quiet and dispersed

Limited sites. Must call District office for permit, but still free. Vaulted toilets. There is a swimming hole in the small creek that’s great! Kids loved it! Also the river is just down on 555 with a kayak launch. An elk viewing plot is just across from the kayak launch site/ parking lot. Not far…

• Entrance to the right. I believe this is site 5 with tents to the left and parking for tents.
  • swimming hole
J
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good campground

Overall a good campground that I would stay at again. Almost every site had plenty of trees and shade, plenty of shower houses throughout so not a long walk whichever site you choose. The bathrooms were the older style shower house could use some updating. The not so good is alot of the sites…

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Nice playground, decent restrooms

Stayed here for a night at an electric site to charge up. Our kiddo loved playing at the playground right by our campsite. Clean campground, clean bathrooms, no privacy but not right on top of each other. Lots of trails to hike. Decent camp store.

• men’s bathroom
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nice & quiet, close to elk.

Nice PA state park campground and close enough to Benezette (elk) with a short (30 minutes) car ride.

Lots of good hiking. The lake’s nice. Facilities are modern and clean.

Cell service is spotty.

Sitenon-electric.
Month of VisitApril
Jason The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Newer offroading campground....

.... Located in Rock Run Recreation park, our site (#14) was not the greatest, it had a lot of length, but no real level side room, fell downhill when exiting the camper lol. Who wants to hang out behind there camper lol, luckily there were a couple other rigs in our group that had better sites for…

K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Michael L.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Family Friendly Relaxation

Lots of activities, tons of nearby attractions, fishing, hunting, and hiking. Great store and owners, a nice place to visit.

Tim W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Campsite

Clean of clutter and well taken care of. Sizable camp area for activities. Camp store has a decent amount of items if looking for items for camp.

Tim W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Beautiful lake area

Many events in this area throughout the year. The camping area is nice and clean of clutter. Camp store has a decent amount of items to buy from if in need of small items for camping.

I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Just right

Perfect location for us. Quiet spacious sites. Very pleasant owner allowed us to stay even though they were technically closed for the season. Very well kept campground with many options for kids and dogs

Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…