The best YURTS camping near
Perryville , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Perryville Camping Reviews
Great campground with fantastic lakefront sites!

Overall this is a pretty nice campground. There are a small handful of electric only sites(30a), but the bulk of them are dry. The campground is located on a peninsula on Shenango River Lake. A large number of them are on the lake providing a nice area to beach your boat or kayaks. There are several playgrounds for the kiddos. There is also a boat launch on site. The lake is not horsepower limited either. Nice paved roads throughout. Most sites are level gravel.

Perfect Spot to Explore McConnell's Mill

Breakneck is a private campground on the edge of the McConnell’s Mill State Park. They offer RV sites, tent camping and cabins. The tent camping is either grassy, flat sites or on an elevated timber platform overlooking a gorge. They also offer walk-in tent sites down by the creek which are beautiful.

We were lucky enough to be able to to camp down by the stream. There are designated fireplaces. It is quite a walk up the hill to the campground amenities, but worth it to feel secluded down by the creek. From our campsite we walked along the creek into McConnells Mill State Park and joined the covered bridge trail. Approx. 30min walk along the creek down into McConnells Mill State Park.

The campground sells firewood and has great amenities. Note: there is no phone reception at the tent sites by the creek. They welcome fury friends!

Pennsylvania Favorite!

A Pennsylvania favorite, Clear Creek State Park is a beautifully maintained, scenic park, right on the Clarion River in the Clear Creek State Park. The Park offers movies on an outdoor screen, regular nature talks and walks and has an onsite museum. The park has tent sites, RV sites and cabins. Clear Creek runs through the campground and is a perfect spot for a BBQ or Picnic. It also has a designated swimming beach with sand. There are multiple hiking trails leaving the campground. There is a general store just 5min from the park, plus multiple private firewood options on the road in. The park also sells firewood bundles. The Clarion is a crystal clear, shallow, rock bottom river perfect for a cool off, fishing or kayaking. There are two kayaking/tubing companies in Cook Forest to hire watercraft to float the river. Both floats don’t go as high as Clear Creek State Park so you won’t float past the campground, with the longest being 9 miles. The facilities are always clean, with large shower areas and always fully stocked with tissue. All sites have fire rings with adjustable grills. The best un-powered RV site is site 40– private and waterfront. The best powered-RV site is 39– private and waterfront. There are also two very private tent sites that are waterfront(classified as Kayak In tent sites) numbered CR-001& CR-002. Both waterfront, shaded with fire rings. Excellent tent sites! Note you can only book them for 1 night at a time. No phone reception at this one! They welcome furry friends at selected sites!

Nice place but horrid visitors

I was here the Friday of Labor day weekend. The woman who took my reservation was great and the grounds were nice. They had several options including tent sites in a large open area, some areas that were a little more secluded, lean-to, RV parking and tent platforms which was where i landed.. The 2 stars is due to the fact i was surrounded by people who were beyond drunk,obnoxious and extremely loud which is fine its all a part of camping right? They were hanging out playing there music when i first arrived about 6 and i can appreciate some good fun and music! (but how much Johnny Cash can one handle?) They then moved onto some less appealing tunes which i do not have children but there were plenty riding their bikes by so I'm sure mom had to explain some words that evening. Nothing was done regardless of the vulger lyrics but i figured what do i know I'm not a parent! I had been traveling for days so i was exhausted and managed to fall asleep only to be woken around 11:00 by several people across the way having a blast laughing and yelling which went until 2am and a couple next to me screaming and arguing at each other until 3am.. Quiet time 10:00? At least tone it down! No one addressed the situation. So if you like to hang out and party it up this is a great place. If your looking for a family oriented camping experience maybe not so much..

What a gem!

What a special stat we had! So close to the McConnells Mill trails, gorgeous deck spot above the gorge and low key vibe to the campground overall. I cannot believe it took us this long to stay here!

Cute and quiet weeknight

My daughter and I came through here on our way from Michigan to Virginia. I think it was a Thursday night. It was quiet and beautiful. The host did seem to be expecting a crazy weekend, but we didn’t stay to find out. We camped in a lower loop with platforms overlooking the hill. There was a clean port a potty near our site. We didn’t explore much else but I believe the river would have only been a short walk/drive away. The overall vibe was clean, safe, and beautiful. They collected payment at night by visiting the sites. I did not see sites near water or a playground that are featured in other photos (but perhaps I did not look hard enough?).

Beautiful creek / Tent camped

Well this wkend it rained the whole time 🙁 we made best of it especially since our lot was on a hill! Nice park and scenery. We kayaked on the creek before we left Sunday when it was down to a misting rain

Great campground with plenty to do for the kids

This was our first time staying at this Jellystone as we usually go to Mill Run instead.  This park is about half the size of the Mill Run Jellystone but is packed with activities for the kids with some paid and some free.

Nice large generally wooded sites and a paved road bike riding goes through the entire camp.  The staff were polite, helpful, and great with our family.  Overall a great experience and we'll definitely be back.

Nice small park with sites right on the Clarion River

My wife's family has been going here for over 60 years so we make an annual trip up here every year in the fall.

We always get the sites along the river (electric only) which have a great view of the Clarion River with easy access to go out and play when the water is low enough.  Close to Cooks Forest as well and Bear Town Rocks is a must to visit while at the park.

We love Breakneck!

My husband and I have been camping at breakneck for 6 years now. The campground is beautiful, the atmosphere is relaxed. The owners are wonderful, welcoming people who keep the grounds well maintained and clean. There’s a nice mix of campsites, we prefer the more private, wooded spots. The creek at the bottom of the hill is a true hidden gem and our kids and dogs love splashing in the water to cool off on a hot day. This is by far our favorite place to camp and we have made hundreds of wonderful family memories at Breakneck campground!