Camping in Little Hickory

88 Reviews of 24 Little Hickory, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good campground

Overall a good campground that I would stay at again. Almost every site had plenty of trees and shade, plenty of shower houses throughout so not a long walk whichever site you choose. The bathrooms were the older style shower house could use some updating. The not so good is alot of the sites…

Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
G
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Terrific

Kozy Rest was our first stop with our new TT. It was a wonderful first experience! Employees were happy to help and just to chat. Great camp store and super clean bathrooms and recreation hall. LOVE!

Jen O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Don’t Follow GPS! Great Stop

We stayed here for a quick overnight stop. We have a 40’class A and flat tow a Jeep. We use both the RV Garmin 890 & RV Trip Wizard and both had us doing some crazy side roads to get into the KOA. Be sure to use the park’s directions for an easier drive in. Totally fine when we left using their…

Noah M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Under new ownership with friendly staff and great amenties

Close to where we live so it's an easy drive and a great start to the season to shake out anything that may not be working since bringing de-winterizing our camper.

Large open campground with plenty of stuff to do for everyone and plenty of activities throughout the summer months as well.

K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Michael L.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Family Friendly Relaxation

Lots of activities, tons of nearby attractions, fishing, hunting, and hiking. Great store and owners, a nice place to visit.

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Winter Camping at Wolfkiel Shelters

This was our second time to the Wolfkiel Shelters in Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in camping areas which consists of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The road in was snow covered but easily navigated. The Shelter carpark is small and was almost full the day we…

SiteShelter 2
Month of VisitMarch
I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

Britt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Best Hike-In Camp in PA

Wolfkiel is one of two hike-in areas along the Gerard Hiking Trail, in the Oil Creek State Park. Wolfkiel is made up of six(6) Ariondack Shelters and a tent camping area. The Adirondack shelters are perfectly positioned to be private from one another, each looks out over the forest. They are a…

• Inside the shelter
  • Picnic table next to shelter
  • Hiking Trail to the shelters from Oil Creek Trail
SiteShelter 02
Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Good spot

I believe there are several dispersed spots along this road. This one was close enough to the road to feel safe but far enough away to have privacy.