Camping in East Smethport

116 Reviews of 23 East Smethport, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Clean and very quiet

Very nice park it was clean and quiet. Lots to do for all ages. We stayed here in May and went to cherry springs state park to star gaze it was amazing

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nice & quiet, close to elk.

Nice PA state park campground and close enough to Benezette (elk) with a short (30 minutes) car ride.

Lots of good hiking. The lake’s nice. Facilities are modern and clean.

Cell service is spotty.

Sitenon-electric.
Month of VisitApril
Bryan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Trout

Very nice campgrounds all new bath house and electric throughout the camp. Great views of pine creek that's stocked with trout. Large sites and quiet place. Owners are very nice and friendly. We will be back

K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Christine J.
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Quiet campground. Some are open areas backed up to woods. All have fire pits and picnick tables (some were brand new).
Flat grassy areas for your tent. Hiking trail along the stream. Saw a Bald Eagle on day 1. Unfortunately there was no fire wood for sale as were there prior to April 1st when…

Backpacken P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Aswome for primitive camping 🏕

Aswome place for primitive camping 🏕 No rubber tramps here no hook ups , or water primitive only And camp outs Plz clean up after yr self ty

Eric W.
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Great family campsite

Was planning on camping at Cherry Springs but it was full for the weekend and decided to say here. Great location to camp with family and friends.very quiet campgrounds, clean bathrooms, and the beach at the reservoir makes for a great day of swimming or fishing. About a 10 or 15 minute drive to…

• Camp site set up.
I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kelly C.
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2020

Perfect Get Away

We decided to go mid October due to a new moon and a trip to Cherry Springs to see the stars! Ole Bull was just a short drive from Cherry Springs and they had everything we needed except the firewood they said they sold. This was ok though because there was a lovely couple down the road that sold…

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Just right

Perfect location for us. Quiet spacious sites. Very pleasant owner allowed us to stay even though they were technically closed for the season. Very well kept campground with many options for kids and dogs

Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…