Camping in Allen

109 Reviews of 23 Allen, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Small, quiet and dispersed

Limited sites. Must call District office for permit, but still free. Vaulted toilets. There is a swimming hole in the small creek that’s great! Kids loved it! Also the river is just down on 555 with a kayak launch. An elk viewing plot is just across from the kayak launch site/ parking lot. Not far…

• Entrance to the right. I believe this is site 5 with tents to the left and parking for tents.
  • swimming hole
Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nice & quiet, close to elk.

Nice PA state park campground and close enough to Benezette (elk) with a short (30 minutes) car ride.

Lots of good hiking. The lake’s nice. Facilities are modern and clean.

Cell service is spotty.

Sitenon-electric.
Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Backpacken P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Aswome for primitive camping 🏕

Aswome place for primitive camping 🏕 No rubber tramps here no hook ups , or water primitive only And camp outs Plz clean up after yr self ty

Eric W.
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Great family campsite

Was planning on camping at Cherry Springs but it was full for the weekend and decided to say here. Great location to camp with family and friends.very quiet campgrounds, clean bathrooms, and the beach at the reservoir makes for a great day of swimming or fishing. About a 10 or 15 minute drive to…

• Camp site set up.
I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Kevin E.
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Just right

Perfect location for us. Quiet spacious sites. Very pleasant owner allowed us to stay even though they were technically closed for the season. Very well kept campground with many options for kids and dogs

Mark M.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away…

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent

C
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Good spot

I believe there are several dispersed spots along this road. This one was close enough to the road to feel safe but far enough away to have privacy.