Yurts
Equestrian
About Beavers Bend State Park

Located about 120 miles southeast of McAlester, Beaver Bend State Park is an outdoor recreation mecca on the southern end of Broken Bow Lake. Named for the big bend on the Mountain Fork River, which runs through the park, visitors can observe some of the area’s interesting rock formations—part of the Ouachita Mountains—that expose the area’s unique geologic origins. The main attraction at Beaver Bend however, is the extensive opportunities to play outdoors—from hiking, horseback riding and fishing to golfing, scuba diving and ziplining. Or, you don’t have to play at all. You can just kick back by the river and watch the clouds drift by.

Visitors to Beaver Bend have a variety of lodging and camping options to choose from, including rustic and modern cabins, tent and RV campgrounds, and the nearby Lakeview Lodge. For campers, there nearly 450 campsites, in eight different areas, available for parking an RV or pitching a tent. RV camps have water and electrical hookups, with showers and dump stations nearby. Services within the park include a nature center, restaurant, fly shop, kid’s day camps, boat rentals, craft classes, and campfire programs. Campsite rates range from $12–$25/night.

Once you’re settled, spend your days on the river with a kayak or paddleboat, or just kick back and soak up some sun at the swim beach. If you’d rather cast a line or swing your clubs, go for one of the many fishing holes on the river, or head over to the nearby Cedar Creek Golf Course. Hikers will want to pack their boots to wander among Beaver Bend’s 12 miles of hiking trails, ranging from easy nature walks to challenging loop hikes. Stop by the Forest Heritage Center to learn more about the area, and pick up a trail map to help you navigate the shady pine and hardwood forest. If you’re visiting in the fall, don’t miss the Folk Festival & Craft Show, which features a variety of craft exhibits, music performances and tasty foods.

Hike In
Beavers Bend State Park is located in Oklahoma
34 Reviews of Beavers Bend State Park
beautiful

We love this place. We have been there twice. The first time for a week. The second ws for a weekend get a way. We like to do the primitive camping. We also went kayaking in mountain fork rive. That was so much fun and beautiful as well.

Great camping here!

This is a family and pet friendly place. There are a ton of spots to choose from (most right off the water). There’s electric and water hook ups if you’re fancy like that as well. It’s a clean, safe place to camp. There’s canoe and kayak rentals, a gift shop and convenient store in case you forget essenctials or run out, but you’re far enough from town to where is quiet and relaxing. As a kid my parents took me here a bunch and I loved it. Never a bad memory. I came back with friends as an adult and it was just as fun. Beautiful place. I definitely recommend staying here. Also, while canoeing, we saw some bald eagles! Not sure how rare it is to see them in the area, but it was a great surprise.

Quiet and calm

Beavers Bend is a local "go to" for weekends, spring break, and summer. The park has had some set backs over the years do to significant flooding and funding for repairs. Campgrounds are mostly decent, and can become crowded. They are modern and large, however there are not showers available at all campgrounds, nor are there flushing toilets. There are many trails for hiking and mountain biking, for the most part the trails are not beginner friendly. Water activities are abundant, people often come to the area to float the river because the water is cool.

We generally do not camp here, but have. This is more of a day trip location for our family. If you plan to access the trails I would recommend over preparing as they are not generally well marked and in some cases they aren't passable as a result of flood damaged bridges which may not have been repaired.

Absolutely beautiful campground

All areas are kept really clean. Restrooms and showers are even cleaned daily!

Love it here!

This is my favorite area close to me! We are a kayaking family and love to take our kids here to kayak every year. Their campgrounds are well taken care of and the peddle boats are fun. There are several really good restaurants close by that don’t mind when you come in all wet and dirty. I’ve camped at several areas within this park and have always had a great experience.

One of my favorite places

We live approximately an hour and forty-five minutes from beavers Bend and have been going off and on since 2010. We have tent camped, stayed in cabins in the park and outside the park. It's always a nice place to get away too and most of the time there are a pleathera of deer! The swimming area is river water so it's great in the hottest part of summer because it's nice and cool. We even rented a boat one year and it wasn't even super expensive. We've always enjoyed our time, whether it's just a day trip or a few days.

Beavers Bend

This campground is nothing spectacular but I love it anyway; I just have really great memories being here. The campgrounds are pretty primitive, you have a fire ring and picnic table, vault toilets where we stayed. We had close access to the river from the campground, hence the photos. We got poured on here, to the point that we had to dig out a moat so that water would not flood the tent; it was a blast. The next day we went canoeing down the slow moving river which was also great. I like this campground and hope to return soon.

Beautiful Lake

This is one of the most beautiful places in Oklahoma, in my opinion. There's plenty to explore around the lake, and absolutely beautiful views from the campsites. There is a tent pad at each site, and this campground has restrooms. The only down side was there were terrible flies that kept biting us when we went.

fly fishing

even though I didn't catch anything my first time out fly fishing the tranquil scenery made up for it.

Beavers bend state park

amazingly beautiful and quiet place to relax