Yurts
About Hueston Woods State Park
Hueston Woods State Park is located in Ohio
10 Reviews of Hueston Woods State Park
Not A Bad Stopover

I camp here occasionally, but through the years, some of the foliage is starting to die out. But there is a lot of wildlife in the area.

During the best weather, the evenings can be a little noisy with many of the motorists (bikes and cars) on the nearby roads to the north.

Toilet facilities aren’t terrible but they do leave a lot to be desired in the primitive camping and hiking areas.

With the latest budget cuts, Hueston Woods isn’t affected as much, but then again, you can’t cut what you never had.

Will be back for sure

I wish I had more time to explore everything, but I’ll definitely be back. The cabins/cottages are very nice. Worth the $$. The RV and campground are like any others, a little bit nicer than most but very crowded and right next to each other.

Yurt life

This camp ground is pretty standard for Ohio State Parks. It does have a cool new sleeping option. Yurts! We enjoyed our time in the yurt.  They also have trails that are easy to tackle and well marked at this park.

We were able to easily have the kids in one bed and we were in another bed.  The small fridge and microwave made it easy to pull a meal together. The fan kept us cool.

Water is a short walk away and so are restrooms. You have to bring in local fire wood for your camp fires.

One of Ohio's best parks

I was blessed to grow up down the road from Hueston Woods, frequently camping, hiking, fishing, etc. Beautiful park, great campgrounds, numerous trails, large nature center, and awesome beach for dogs.

Great for hiking, water activities, has a pool and nice lodge!

It has lake activities, hiking, biking, fishing. Camping can be in tens or various cabins or even in the lodge. Lodge has a restaurant- food was good. There was also a pool within the lodge. They have some planned activities and hikes for those interested!

Laid back and the sites have plenty of space for your average camper.

Family friendly, many of the lots are wooded with plenty of natural shade. Clean restrooms, accessible water and friendly staff. Brenda is awesome and all of the staff care about your stay. No pool on site but there is a lake close by and many other activities to choose from. Lots of fun!

Big diverse campground

From walk in camping to painball hueston woods has it all. Lots of trails and creeks, biking, boating, play grounds, swimming, food, store, movie nights mini golf and more! They even have an animal preserve.

it used to be so much better

the campground is seriously in need of some tlc and they have gotten rid of the deer exhibit and replaced it with a dog park which is sad because my family spent a few hours each trip just petting and feeding the deer before. also the nature center isn’t what it used to be. bathrooms are always nasty. it’s sad because this used to be our go to campground.

It is Amazing has Alot to offer for a state park

II went to Hueston Woods State Park with my family. It was lovely they have a beach you can camp out or rent a cabin. They also have a hotel somewhere on the property you may also rent boats. If I were to stay I would definitely use a lodge or campout. If you are visiting Hueston Woods I suggest a a couple days and make it a big event it will be worth the while it is an amazing part with a lot to do.

Great family friendly campground

Quiet, clean campground. I stayed over 2 nights in a spot that had an electrical outlet. The bathroom ans shower room were clean. The park itself has a lot of hiking trails and a lot of fun things to offer.