The best TENT SITES camping near
Miami Heights , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Miami Heights Camping Reviews
Beautiful, clean peaceful

Beautiful, clean, peaceful, well maintained

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice small campground

Went for one night. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the activities in the park.

Nice State Park Campground

We booked a last minute non-electric site for the night in out TT.  We have family in the area so that was the primary purpose of this trip but we have visited Clifty several times and stayed at the hotel once.  There is a really nice outdoor pool (extra fee) but the highlight is all the hiking in the park.  Lots of waterfalls, caves and even though you are basically in town it feels miles away.  This trip we were there at about peak fall colors and it was amazing.  We will be back again (probably yearly) and will stay here.

PROS: Awesome state park for hiking, exploring and an outdoor pool.  Most sites are pretty spread out for a state park.  Facilities and camp sites are clean; indoor restroom with warm showers.  On site hotel has gift shop and restaurant.  Close to historic Madison and the Ohio River offering many things to do.  Couple playgrounds for kids and a nature center with educational programs.  They sell firewood at the campground check in kiosk.  One vehicle per site but there is an overflow are at the campground entrance.  Laundry facility is also at the campground.

CONS: Some spots are on top of each other, mostly in non-electric area and as most IN State Parks, no water hook-up, you have to fill your tank.

Ideal spots would be electric loop - 31-36 (a side loop, no thru trafic) or 14-28/93-104 (back of the loop, more in shade, less traffic).

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but even then, they were very spread out and had lots of great space to actually enjoy nature.

In terms of trails, there was a starting access point at the horse campground for horseback riding trails that also led to the horse barn, but if you are wanting to hike, you have to drive, unfortunately. Another flaw is that the bathrooms in the horse campground aren't modern and they're pit toilets. Even with the cooler weather, they still wreaked and were not pleasant to use.

Nice park, great location.

Great location close to Dayton and Wright-Patterson AFB, we stayed for 5 nights. The grounds are well kept and the owner is friendly, there is a fishing pond on the property and an active shooting range. (No issue with noise at all) The spots are VERY un-level, took several blocks and boards to get my TT leveled for the stay and there wasn't much room in my site, but other than that it was a nice stay. I did have trouble when trying to empty my black tank at the end of the stay, I couldn't get anything to go down the full hook up spot I was in amd had to dump later.

Overall, good experience, I would stay again. Prices are fabulous, but cash or check only.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Very Nice Campground

Very nice and clean Campground. The lot we stayed in was a good size and was right on the spring. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Great place

This is a great place! They have live bands on the weekends and cookouts. If you like the water, this is a great place! We take our boat out on the river and fish. Enjoy the sites from the bank and the sounds of the water crashing in on the shore, watching the barges go by.

Halfway between The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum

This park is super convenient if you’re planning on going to the ark encounter and the creation museum because it’s about 30-45 minutes in either direction. The park itself is quiet, clean, fairly spread out, and has helpful staff. Only water and electric hookups, common for state parks, but that’s the only reason I couldn’t do 5 stars. Our kids enjoyed the playgrounds, the mini golf, the museum, and the trails to see the salt springs and the bison. Super neat area.