The best TENT SITES camping near
Georgetown , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Georgetown Camping Reviews
Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice park, great location.

Great location close to Dayton and Wright-Patterson AFB, we stayed for 5 nights. The grounds are well kept and the owner is friendly, there is a fishing pond on the property and an active shooting range. (No issue with noise at all) The spots are VERY un-level, took several blocks and boards to get my TT leveled for the stay and there wasn't much room in my site, but other than that it was a nice stay. I did have trouble when trying to empty my black tank at the end of the stay, I couldn't get anything to go down the full hook up spot I was in amd had to dump later.

Overall, good experience, I would stay again. Prices are fabulous, but cash or check only.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Great place

This is a great place! They have live bands on the weekends and cookouts. If you like the water, this is a great place! We take our boat out on the river and fish. Enjoy the sites from the bank and the sounds of the water crashing in on the shore, watching the barges go by.

Halfway between The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum

This park is super convenient if you’re planning on going to the ark encounter and the creation museum because it’s about 30-45 minutes in either direction. The park itself is quiet, clean, fairly spread out, and has helpful staff. Only water and electric hookups, common for state parks, but that’s the only reason I couldn’t do 5 stars. Our kids enjoyed the playgrounds, the mini golf, the museum, and the trails to see the salt springs and the bison. Super neat area.

More for Permanent Campers

It was okay for a passing through stay. Staff was okay, not warm and inviting, but also not jerks. Didn’t provide any information on the campground (map, check out time, anything) only handed me my receipt for payment.

Pros: back off the road, across from Rocky Fork State Park (which was booked, that’s why we chose this one), behind a dollar general (handy), full hookups (w/e/s), pullthroughs for those not living there, escort you to your site via golf cart

Cons: 95% of this campground is permanent campers (if that’s what you want, then this is for you), campsites are right on top of each other, it advertises WiFi (but apparently that’s for the permanent campers)

Beautiful setting, but...

For us this campground didn’t work, so much so we left after the first night of a 3 night stay and threw away $80 essentially. We had zero cell reception on both our ATT and T-Mobile phones (huge problem since my husband works from home), there was no water hookups (problem for a family of 6), and the nearest potable water you had to Drive careful to, and the grey tank dump closest to us was in the middle of the campground (couldn’t drive there, so not sure how that was supposed to work). If you want just electric and enjoy peaceful/quiet, this is probably okay for you, but for us we will not be returning nor recommending this campground.

Thousand Trails - Wilmington RV Resort

We have been camping here for over 4 years.  We like the location to the State park nearby for hiking trails and mountain biking trails (Ceasar Creek).

They have the following amenities a small Putt putt course, Game room, lending Library, Basketball half-court, horseshoes, Volleyball, GAGA ball area.  They are a nice smaller playground near the pool.  Speaking of the pool it is on the larger side and heated they also have a kids pool and hot tub, there are also laundry facilities on-site.   The campground consists of 3 loops  - A mostly full hookup, B loop Water and Electric and C loop is a mix.    If you like wooded areas check out C loop.

Lake views

Close to Cincinnati but each site is wooded and on lake front , lots to do!

Very nice small park and campground

My wife and I love this small state park. There are two main camping areas, wooded and shaded for smaller rv’s, trailers, tenters while the other section caters to larger RV’s and Motor homes with pull thru and longer pads. This section does have some trees but mostly sunny. There is one main bath house that is quite nice and kept clean. Several restrooms are scattered throughout with flush toilets. Camp hosts are friendly and helpful and do a great job of keeping the campground clean when folks leave. There is a small camp store, though its been closed this summer. There are places to get firewood and prices vary from $5-20 per bundle or stack. Marina is on the other side of the lake but only rents small boats and pontoons. The lake is limited to 9.9 hp motors. OK fishing from the beach area and docks. There are a few hiking trails and they do have cabins that have been updated recently. We are there several times a year camping with our teardrop.