The best TENT SITES camping near
Banner Elk , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Banner Elk Camping Reviews
Wild Ponies.....

Grayson Highlands State Park is just one of those places you love! The views are awesome, the trails excellent and then there’s wild ponies ! I brought my daughter and granddaughter with me this time and we all had a very good visit. My granddaughter got such a thrill out of meeting wild ponies and there were so many babies, it was so much fun ;) The campground is quiet and the sites are mostly shaded. There’s good separation between sites, though some are a little more open then others. There are a few sites where you are literally sitting on the edge of a very steep drop off, I avoid these ! There are Trailhead’s within the campground and several other very unique and challenging trails. The shower house was a short walk through the trees. The camp Host was across the road from the shower house and next to the dump site. He had firewood on site and was very helpful and informative. No water sports here , but lotsa hiking and stars.

Wonderful

Such a nice campground. Woodsy sites, access to hiking trails. Spacious camp sites with all the amenities.

Nice

Very nice setting. Beautiful camp spots in an open area on top of a mountain. Clean bath house. Great hiking trails. Friendly staff.

Really good for laid back camping

If you enjoy more of a chill camping experience, this campground is for you. Not my most desirable style of camping but I'll give it 5 stars because of how well the campground is kept up.

Fun day use park

Boomer Park has a boat launch access to Kerr Scott Reservoir where you'll find great kayaking and canoeing, as well as plenty of space for motorized watercraft. There is a swim beach and pavilions for family fun. There is no overnight camping at this park.

Beautiful and Versatile

Love this campground! Well maintained and clean bath houses. Choose a site hidden in the trees with lots of shade and privacy or in the sun with a view of the reservoir. Hiking trails and water activities. Warning: prone to flooding and cancellations.

NC Gem!

Warrior Creek Campground is located on the Kerr Scott Reservoir. It's beautiful and peaceful, at least Monday through Friday. Weekends tend to get filled up fast and often with large groups stretching the limits of a campsite. It's close to home for us and we love camping there, especially in the fall. It is surrounded by hiking/mountain biking trails. Bath houses are nice and clean.

Great Spot, Close to Asheville

We have been trying to find campgrounds close to home to make a quick weekend and Curtis Creek didn’t disappoint! Fairly quick drive, groceries in Old Fort, gravel road and you are there. Not very big but that was great for us. Several hikes right from the campground. We stayed near the road which was fine at night but was really busy during the day with hunters so that was kind of a bummer and probably the only reason I knocked it a star. Kids loved playing at the creek and will try to get a site on that side next time!

Excellent Location

Being right on the Parkway was awesome and provided some great driving and hiking close by.  The staff were very helpful.  We camped at C13 which was right across from the large playground in November.  No noise issues, but it was dark by 6:30pm.  May be different in the Summer.  My daughter had a blast and we could keep an eye on her while we worked/played at the site.