Camping in Austin

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Austin, North Carolina

321 Reviews of 36 Austin, North Carolina Campgrounds

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

Clayton S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Whitetop Mountain

Nice spot to pitch a tent or for car camping. Whitetop mountain has some of the best views in VA and is very popular for watching sunsets.

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
K
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Lovely campground with lake access

Stayed in site A31, a pull-through site. No sites here have hook-ups. This campground is on a beautiful lake. There is no swimming on the lake(its pretty shallow) but awesome for kayaking and paddleboarding. There is wifi at the boat rental area, an easy walk from all parts of the campground where…

SiteA31
Zack K.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Incredible Scenic destination!

We camped here while learning g to roast coffee and it was incredible. It was early November and the colors were incredible. I think we missed peak colors by a week or so. The next week it dumped snow. I hate we missed that!

Month of VisitDecember
Kelly Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Secluded mountain camp

The host at the campground was welcoming and informative! I sadly do not remember his name, but he made sure I had all the information about the mountain camp land & trails and was incredibly hospitable. I wish I had time to spend more than one night so I could have explored the grounds! The…

SiteC-4
Robyn W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Waaaay up in the mountains

If you are fearless and willing to take your RV up a beautiful small winding road into the mountains this is the place for you. However, for myself it rained… so it was quite the experience driving up and considering the limited visibility. Also when I arrived at my site there was no power on the…

Julie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

VERY Primative

This site should not be confused with any other sites in area by similar name. You have to make a reservation with the park office for your site and drop by the ranger station to pick up your permit. The sites have NO vehicle access at all, you have to hike a mile into the campsite. The hike in is…

C
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Beautiful views and clean bathrooms

We have tent camped and RV camped here. Great site with lots of space and kept up well. Views are great and area is beautiful.

SiteC7
Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Missy A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

So peaceful

Enjoyed my stay at the Helton Creek campground. Very peaceful and friendly

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Best park in North Carolina

This is the most beautiful hiking trails in the world! A lot of climbing rock slopes and ladders with scenic views from 6000 ft plus elevation. Campground stays packed so make reservations unless you primitive camp in the National Forrest nearby. The Blue Ridge Parkway is rated the # 1 scenic…

• I arrived
  • mile high swinging bridge
  • view down from the bridge
Siteprimitive
Jessica D.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Wooded retreat on a creek

I stayed at site 19 which was located right on the creek. Ample space at the site. Dollar General a short drive to Sugar Grove for any forgotten items.

Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Easy stop

On the blue ridge parkway. We stayed in one of the cabins, it was clean with fresh linens, a fridge, and microwave. Comfortable relaxing porch chairs to watch the sunset over the mountains. The owners are super friendly and helpful.

• cabin6