Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
About Blue Bear Mountain Campground

Blue Bear Mountain Camp is excited to add Glamping to our existing variety of camping options. Now offering Tepee and Cabin rentals in addition to private, rustic, remote, leave-no-trace Tent camping on 150 acres of pristine mountain land. RV camping, while not remote, still offers the beauty of a natural setting. The number of campsites is limited to protect the land so you have plenty of room to play, hike, fish and enjoy the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. At 4,000 feet elevation with cool mountain breezes and mild temperatures. Come Get away from it all at Blue Bear Mountain!

Blue Bear Mountain offers spacious, Low Density RV camping, spacious, private, rustic car accessible tent camping, and spacious, private remote tent camping. Beginning in Spring 2015 luxury Tepee and Cabin rentals provide you with more choices of how to experience your mountain getaway.

Price
50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 50 ft.
Blue Bear Mountain Campground is located in North Carolina
Directions
Directions from Boone: From US Highway 421, head North on NC Highway 194 at New Market Center. Drive about 7.5 miles and turn left onto Longhope Rd. In about three quarters of a mile, turn left on Blue Bear Mountain Road.
13 Reviews of Blue Bear Mountain Campground
Nice

Very nice setting. Beautiful camp spots in an open area on top of a mountain. Clean bath house. Great hiking trails. Friendly staff.

Great campground!

Very nice campground! Pretty place

Honeymoon Teepee

A great and friendly campground. Staff is constantly going out of their way to ensure your comfort. Sites are spacious and the view is breathtaking. The morning sun lights up the meadow which is the campground centerpiece. A small outdoor arena for music events is off to one side. A teepee is the center attraction. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon. Memories for a lifetime; literally as she passed shortly thereafter. A great campground, great staff, and a short drive to if needed. I’m looking forward to my next visit! Hope to see you there.

A magical gem of a campground!

This campground is magical. We were lucky enough to find it and stay here in June, 2019.

The tent site that we stayed in was really beautiful and had an amazing view of the mountains. The field that was in front of our site had beautiful wild flowers. We made lovely bouquets and even wore flowers in our hair! My favorite time of day here was evening when the sun was setting. We saw lots of bats and birds! The bathrooms were so very clean as well.  The gentleman that ran the campground were very kind and lovely and recommended a fun day on the river in Todd.  I’d like to go back in the future and stay in the teepee’s that they had. They looked really cool. They also had beautiful tree houses that I’d love to stay in one day!

The Best

I’ve stayed at Blue Bear twice and booked my third stay as I was leaving. Wonderful campground - you can’t beat any aspect of it.

The sites are well spaced so you don’t feel on top of other campers. Remote sites provide that extra sense of privacy.

The owners are so helpful and friendly. Providing wood and also have devices to haul your gear to certain remote sites.

Location is a great jumping point for tons of hiking and other activities. We went to Ashe County Park to play disc golf, and into Boone to walk around and look at shops.

Bathhouse is very clean and well kept. There is nothing negative to say about Blue Bear. It is our favorite site by far, and keeps us coming back.

Unique

Spacious campsites and a lot of different kinds to choose from! Field sites, wooded sites, large, small AND hike in remote sites! Clean, updated bathrooms. They deliver your firewood although I didn’t have to buy any because the previous campers left plenty!

Dog friendly with no mention of breed restrictions. I definitely will go again! All around professionally managed and friendly staff too!

Large campsites on a mountaintop

The people who own it are super friendly. The campsites are very spaced out. The elevation is high so weather is nice for those trying to escape the summer heat. Bathhouse was nice and clean. The hike to the pond was a little more strenuous than we anticipated but once you get there, there is a nice creek and we caught a trout in the pond right away. I wish there was a playground for the kids but overall it was very nice. Close to Boone. The state maintained gravel road used to access campground was narrow and would be difficult to get a large camper up there, although there were lots of large ones there. We would go back.

Clean & Quiet

The bath house at this campground is very nice and clean. They even have an outdoor sink on one side where you can clean your dishes. Our campsite was one of the furthest from the entrance though so it was a bit of a hike to the bath house. This campground is very quiet and only 15 minutes away from Boone, NC. There are lots of hiking trails to explore and they also have a campground store that sells firewood and charcoal. They do not allow bringing firewood into the campground, you must purchase it at the store.

Amazing, private, secluded

This camp ground was a very private spot. On top of a hill over looking a lake, this sport made us feel very one with nature. Everything was pack in-pack out and about 1.5 miles in. The forest around us was quite dense allowing for us to feel like the only ones out there. Firewood was delivered for us.

Quiet, clean and relaxing

The staff is exceptionally helpful! They provided maps for the hiking trails, helped accommodate parking for our roof top tent. The bathroom facilities were so extremely well taking care of allowing us to feel a bit more at home.