The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Deer Run Camping Reviews
Not My Favorite

We stayed on T67 over Labor Day weekend. This was listed as a prime waterfront site, which is what we look for so that we can launch our kayaks from our site. The map showed a short trail to the water, but it was a 40 foot drop in elevation. We still managed to get our boats down there and lock them up at night near the water. Our site was a tight squeeze for our 8 man tent, 4 man tent and an EX Up over the picnic table.  The campground is in good shape. Clean bathrooms, well maintained roads. Firewood is $6 a bundle and almost all pine. We were at the furthest point away from Rte 9 but we could still hear trucks occasionally. The sounds from within the campground were very loud by virtue of the campground topography. We could hear every shrieking kid and barking dog. But the hiking trails were really cool. I'd go back here, but it wouldn't be my top choice.

Amazing Staff

The staff is very helpful. I came here for the weekend with some friends. Not too many people. We all had a blast!

Secluded, Wooded Site

Very nice site secluded in the woods. The small lake my children went swimming in and you could kayak it. Very peaceful area, overall would recommend. My kind of camping!

Great weekend getaway

My partner and I stayed at Moreau Lake State Park and were not disappointed. Tons of camping trails at varying distances, clean bathrooms with showers, well maintained sites, and a nice selection of activities. About a 20 minute drive from the southern tip of Lake George if you wanted to go off site. Will definitely be back!

Nice, quiet, rustic

Basic camping in a quiet, older campground. Very pretty beach area at the reservoir where you can paddle and swim. No hook ups available but only $20 per night for a site that was plenty big enough for a small motor home. Mostly tent campers though and spots would be tough for anything much bigger. Bathhouse was clean and had a pay shower.

Nice find...

I was headed from NY to ME and decided to make it a two day trip. VT State Parks have a two night minimum but as this was a Thursday I decided to take a shot. Got there in the late afternoon and a couple sites were open so it all worked out.

This was just an overnight stop so I didn't explore much but it is definitely on the list should I get back up that way again.

Site was shaded and private. The bath house was nice. The coin operated shower was a surprise but I had enough quarters for 10 minutes :)

Great VT state park

Very clean, quiet and well-managed state park. Exactly what I’ve come to expect from the VT State Park campgrounds. The prime tent locations book quickly but those are definitely the ones to go for, as they have private access to the water. Otherwise you have to go around the lake/reservoir to swim. Firewood is very good; $6/bundle and ice for $2/bag. Helpful staff.

Great small boating area!

Clean open and level camping areas. Prime areas are near the water some what elevated but you are able to drag your boat through on paths. Ice and firewood sold at $6.00 a bundle and it is Kiln dried so it burns fast. If it is windy I would move away from the water. Staff was young but were pleasant and accommodating and will deliver wood and ice. Great biking on paved areas.

Great!

Had a really good time there. Good distance between campsites, good bathroom, fire pits. Overall really good. Would go back.

Defenitly in the woods!

The only campground in all of New York that acquires to house back riders. There are campsites that also come with stalls for your horse!