Camping in Monteith Junction

30 Reviews of 11 Monteith Junction, Missouri Campgrounds

W
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Average

This was our go to campground for years. But the last few times have been subpar. Dirty campsites. Old flood debris in some site next to water. There trying to fix it up but at the time of this review I would recommend long shoal or truman state park.

SiteC 91
W
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great lake view

Even though it was very humid and hot this still a fun campground. If your lucky enough to get a campsite across from the marina on a summer Friday or Saturday night. Stay up and listen to the drunk karaoke 😳😁

Siteall sites are good sites
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very quiet and nice Campground

Very nice and Quiet Campground . The shower rooms Very clean. Management Very friendly. We stay here for 2 days .

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Stayed at Rocky Cove Campground on the Lake

We stayed in late June in the Rocky Cove Campground on the lake.  The lake itself is dotted with campgrounds.  Rocky Cove has concrete pad sites, nice and level, both on and away from the lake.  The lake sites have power only, and the Prime sites (opposite the lakeside sites) have water and power…

James J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Spacious sites - pretty views

The weather is not under control of Long Shoal unfortunately. Our plans included some kayaking however the relentless rain and wind did not allow it. That aside I can see the park is well laid out with ample space between sites. Most will accommodate the largest rigs. The only service is…

b
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Out favorite place

We camp here quite often. I like that we can take our fur babies. It’s quiet even if there are a lot of campers. People are polite and respectful. The area is always so clean. The camp hosts are great!

Sitelonesome point
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Nice place for newbies!

My little family and I just bought a travel trailer and live 1/2 a mile away from this campground so we decided this will be a good place to learn how to use our camper.

The on site manager, Paul, and his wife were amazing! Paul spent an hour showing me the in’s and out’s while helping me figure…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Hope to pitch a tent here soon!

Address:  631 NW Hwy W Kingsville, MO 64061

The newest campground near Kansas City!

Tent sites $15; Bunkhouse $60., and RV sites available for $30.  50, 30 and 20 Amp Electric+ water and septic. 12' x 60' Back-in spots available.  Bathroom and clubhouse. Good quiet campsites away from the…

Angela M.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome...loaded us up with some complimentary firewood...let us pick out our tent plot, and…

Matt The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Great sty

Chill, low key environment. Management super friendly and amenities (bathrooms, showers) kept clean. Great spot for family.

Leslie H.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2020

I can't wait to go back!

We enjoyed a weekend there and can't wait to go back. Hopefully for longer than a weekend. The lake was great, the sites were level and not too close together, shaded and beautiful. I saw my first armadillo too!

Jason C.
Reviewed May. 2, 2020

Relaxing low activity weekend

Level sites with full hookups. 30,50 amp, water, sewer on every site. Owners are really nice, and keep everything well maintained. Nice small catch and release pond. Has 2 club houses with large grills and 3 cabins also. Had a very nice quiet relaxing weekend.

Laura H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2020

Great Campground

We’re from Kansas City and there are very few options when it comes to Campgrounds. This is by far our favorite and their rates are very reasonable. We enjoyed our stay, staff was very friendly and the park was clean and easy to get in and out of. You’re also very close to Hillsdale State Park, but…

Jason D.
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2020

Clean, friendly and close to the lake

This is great campground within close proximity to Longview Lake.  Our kids enjoy the spots near the playground.

Vin B.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2019

Nice park

Great place, near Kansas City.