About Monson Lake State Park
Monson Lake State Park is located in Minnesota
3 Reviews of Monson Lake State Park
A little disappointing

Campground is a little disappointing. I am used to MN state parks being kept up better. There were no signs pointing to where the campground was. Kind of frustrating when towing a large camper (don’t want to make a wrong turn). I had to drive around a bit until I found it.

Pretty Views, No Privacy

We reserved a campsite at this park for two nights in May. As expected, the views were beautiful. The hiking trail was short and not well maintained but overall, there were pretty views over the water. Our campsite itself hadn’t been maintained and there was zero privacy. We could see everything in all campsites surrounding ours; even hear their conversations. When we arrived to the park we found out that the office did not have firewood to purchase. Instead they posted a sign that said we’d have to go to Sibley State Park down the street (about 20 minutes away) and get it there. Honestly, we probably won’t go back to this park because the staff didn’t seem to care about the presence of it. Not the best first impression.

Pretty Quiet, very pretty

This campground is small (only 20 spots) so it's decently quiet besides the kids running around having a blast. The water was beautiful and clear, and the view from the dock was amazing (see picture). You can't get to the lake from your spot, so I took some stars off for that since that is important to many. We were woken up at 230am by howling coyotes and heard some large critter movement shortly after that-but if you aren't afraid of those things like my partner is, you'll love how peaceful it is through the night!