The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Carland Camping Reviews
Campground near Jackson

This campground has a pool and put putt golf. There is a small playground, shower houses and laundry. My pics were taken in December so I'm sure the campground would look much better in the summer.

Campground on Pleasant Lake

Campground in a county park. There is a "beach" area on the lake. That is made of gravel and a seawall. The park does have a nice wooden playground.

Not usually too busy unless there is a concert.

Some 50 amp site some 30 amp. Make sure to have cash or a check as the office is only staffed part time. You can do a self check in and leave in the drop box. No reservations here all site are fcfs.

So...

I'll be honest, we didn't stay here and giving a 3 star to be neutral for that reason. Took a drive late in the season to check it out in person after reading some very good and very bad reviews. For us, we will stay home before we will camp here. They have a lot to offer, and not to be critical, but a little sprucing up could go a long way. There are also a fair number dumpy and dirty looking seasonal 'trailers' here. I have no doubt the staff and campers are friendly and have some good times but it seems to also leave a bit to be desired.

Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Far away AND close to town...all at the same time!

We found this campground on a walk around the town of Ontonagon, but didn't get a chance to camp here as it was already closed for the season.  We caught it after the beauty of the fall color had already gone, but it's probably a stunner!  We'll be back sometime…

For such a township park, it has comprehensive services, with many waterfront options, and all sites have electricity.  The sites are rustic, there is a dump station as well as a water filling station for RVs.  The bathhouse has showers, there is a cute playground, and it has beautiful views of both Lake Superior and the Porcupine Mountains (about 20 miles away).  You can easily walk into town for basic supplies.

Options for hiking, cycling, and water activities of all kinds abound.  This campground is one of many along the shores of Lake Superior's Water Trail.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Well maintained campgrounds!

The sites were very nice, and so were the bathrooms. Lights is fun activities for the kids for halloween. Lots of rules to follow, but the place has a nice atmosphere overall. Very large campgrounds… Quite the walk to the showers if you're staying up on the hill.

All male campground with nightclub

This is an all male campground with a night club on site.

I cant find this campground

There is a Moon Lake near this location but I havent ever heard of a campground here. I believe there is a mobile home park.