The best TENT SITES camping near
Bachelors Rest , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Bachelors Rest Camping Reviews
5 star all the way!

Our family has had multiple reunions at the campground. The service here is impeccable, but that’s just the beginning. The park itself is beautiful and there are plenty of places to get in a great walk. There’s a wonderful pool and awesome snack foods for sale. This is a special place, a perfect spot to build those lasting memories.

Largest campground ever

The reason I gave this campground 4 stars instead of 5 is because I find it to be mostly an RV campground. There are not any "tent only" sections which is really disappointing. Since every site has electric, they are all RV accessible. For an RV'er this place is paradise but if you're a tent'er that likes to get away from them, it will be impossible here. There are a few campsites that sit a litter further away from others.

All that being said, we were here early in the season and it was probably at 25% capacity so we still had plenty of peace and quite in our tent. The campground was extremely clean. It's a bikers paradise because of how large it is (we ended up biking 20 miles on our Huffy's just to see the place). There's a number of trails. We did one which was really nice but in need of some trail maintenance. Bathrooms were numerous, clean, and modern. I didn't shower but the sink's water was extremely hot so the showers should be too.

We wrote down our favorite sites and will definitely return as a "local" camping trip but I still wish they had a tent section.

Great campground !

Beautiful campsite!

High quality modern campground

We’ve stayed here multiple times, good electric & water service with clean bath houses. This time we stayed as a group in loop G, sites 210, 211, 212. They were awesome wooded sites with paved parking, good drainage, low traffic. Had 20, 30, & 50A service. Water station is next to site 210. Any site 200-212 would be a nice site if camping alone. When scheduling through website, each picture of the site is attached to help you book.

Nice campground and state park

One of the cleanest campgrounds we’ve been to. The site are a bit small and some close together but the park offers a lot. Golf, swimming pool, playgrounds, shelters, and a nice lake to fish and kayak on.

A nice small campground

The campground is small with paved sites but lots of ruts in the grass areas from vehicles parking and driving into the grass areas. We were close to the primitive spots and luckily no one was in them or it would have been pretty crowded. Over all a nice campground, the lodge and surrounding areas are very nice.

Horrible booking site

We stayed one night at Winton Woods because it was close to friends we were visiting. We needed to stay on a Monday night and tried all weekend (Sat and Sun before) to book a site online. Both the mobile site and the full website didn’t work. There’s a number listed to call “if you’re having trouble booking online”, but of course the office was closed all weekend and didn’t open until Monday. It states that there are no same day reservations, which gave me a lot of stress all weekend not knowing if we were going to be able to book a site. Luckily on Mon morning they let me book over the phone. The campground was mostly open and when I was asked if I wanted a back in site or a pull through, I told them a back in would be fine (I like to leave the pull through for the bigger RVs that need them). When we arrived, we found that none of the back in sites had been plowed! All of the pull through sites were plowed and there were plenty open. It would have been nice for the gentleman on the phone to tell me that when I was booking. Instead we struggled to get into and out of our site and had to walk very carefully around our RV when hooking up and disconnecting. This is a great place for people that live in the city to escape, but we probably won’t stay again. No privacy between sites. And booking was the worst I’ve had at any campground. It is a very pretty urban park though.

Great campground for a family

We spent a week here in August of 2020. The kids enjoyed seeing the buffalo and playing at the playground. Very clean park with friendly staff. We had deer come in right next to our tent the first morning.

Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!