About Elk City State Park
No Market
Elk City State Park is located in Kansas
6 Reviews of Elk City State Park
Peaceful, beautiful, WET!

I visited this campground in October of 2018. The campground itself is beautiful, but recently part of it had been submerged in water which was problematic for us tent campers. Sunset Point is beautiful, but I'd recommend it only in the summer and on weekends when there is no chance of rain. We were soaked all weekend. I'd definitely return because the park has nice trails, great views, and a serene lake setting, but I'd make sure I'm in a different campground than Sunset Point.

Beautiful lake. Has nice hiking trails and also good fishing.

Good camping area and swimming area

Great Backpacking trail

A group of friends and I hiked the little over 14 mile trail over 2 and a half days it was awesome!

Abundance of campsites and lake access

My family and I camped at Elk City state park over memorial weekend. There were primitive and RV sites everywhere and lake access in many places. As expected it was crowded and busy. We found a decent primitive spot, however there wasn't anywhere to park. It wasn't that the spots were taken, the sit was just off the road but there was a deep ditch. We ended up manuevering our van through the trees to get to the site.

Worth the drive

This is a beautiful lake near Independence, Kansas that has plenty to do. There is a very challenging hiking trail that is 11 miles one way so take plenty of fluids & snacks.

Lake is Great

Had a good time on the lake fishing and I was able to hike the Elk River hiking trail about 10 miles with my dog. What a blast!