Camping in Mammoth Springs

Amazing

So much fun

M
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Piled on top of each other

Because of being right on top of other campers. Also, almost everything is gravel.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Lush area with lots of privacy

I wish we were able to stay longer than one day! I loved this spot! We loved riding our bikes along the river and just being away from the hustle and bustle. Not many amenities other than showers, toilets and hookups, but it just adds to the appeal here. A great spot to get away and experience…

• capture a pic with Smokey the bear
  • river bend
  • our private spot :)
Dakota
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Camping!

We stayed at the Prairie View section on site P27. It was me, my wife, our 8 month old daughter, and our dog. One thing I always look up before booking a campsite is how secluded we are since our dog gets very anxious and will bark at almost anyone that gets “too close” in her eyes. This site…

• P27 tent and parking area
  • P27 fire and camp area
  • Picture on our hike
SiteP27
T
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Very pleasant

Very pleasant and enjoyed myself camp spaces are plenty of room and lots of stuff to do

B
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Good experience

We weren’t sure if we were going to like it because we were camping without kids, and it seems like the kind of campground that people with kids would go to because of all the fun activities. But noise was not an issue. Bathrooms were clean. Everything was good.

John M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great camp right on Chain-O-Lake

Camp is on the Chain-O-Lake, if you like any type of boating. Fox Den site are space well. Good trails for both walking and biking.

SiteFox Den 28
amber P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Lover the dunes

Lake Michigan is gorgeous, next to casino an outlet malls, clean place.

Emily M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Excellent Campground

This is a classic state park campground. It has drinking water, indoor bathrooms, and showers. The showers were chilly, but I could tell it was trying to warm up (maybe a water hookup thing).

The folks at the front were very kind and helpful. My friend and I biked from Chicago on Memorial Day…

• Beach
J
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great quiet place

Stayed for 3 nights over 4th of July. Got spot 38. Was a good spot with access to the trails. Quiet and set back. The platform for tents didn't fit our 6 man tent but the 2 man fit perfect. Bathrooms were not to far. Beautiful trees. Not to buggy.

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Small but decent

The campground is small the rv sites are shallow and close to the road but otherwise most are fairly private. The staff was friendly all in all not a bad place

t
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Enjoyable Experience

This State Park isn't too far off the beaten path which is nice. Fairly close to gas stations, convenience stores, etc. The park is clean, and has the bathrooms and utilities that would be needed. A few different lakes for fishing, swimming, boating, etc. The fox river runs through the park as…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No contact.

Tried to reserve a spot for my rv,and it took me three tries and got hung up on,and no reservation.

K
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Good enough I guess

Biggest drawback was the road noise. You can hear whatever highway is nearby pretty clearly and constantly.

But if you’re not looking for something super remote then it’s fine! My site had room for 2 tents and was close to the road but still felt tucked away.

The fire pit is actually more like…

SiteT19
Therese T.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Beautiful serene park

We had a great stay. Level well maintained shady tent site. Bathrooms were fine. The camp hosts were nice. Can’t beat the views of Lake Michigan! Nice trails through the park. Beaches were too cold and rough waters for swimming, but we had an awesome time!