Yurts
About Cloudland Canyon State Park - East Rim
Cloudland Canyon State Park - East Rim is located in Georgia
25 Reviews of Cloudland Canyon State Park - East Rim
Cloudland Does Not Disappoint

Great campground with easy access to trails.

Beautiful area

We stayedHere in 2018 And enjoyed it thoroughly. The new campground was a little bit stark and treeless to suit us but the other side up in the trees was really fabulous. the scenery is incredible nice place all around well-kept well-maintained

Always amazing

Cloudland Canyon is my family’s top destination for our autumn camping experience. Between the rock cliffs, amazing overlooks, beautiful waterfalls and great hiking trails… Cloudland Canyon really has it all! Definitely worth a trip if you have never been there!

👍🏻

If I had opportunity to go somewhere else I would. But this place will always have a special place in My heart.

Beautiful Waterfalls

Wat a beautiful park with great hiking and we'll maintained trails.

I can see your house from here

Ranger Review: Mountain House Freeze Dried Meals at Cloudland Canyon East Rim, GA.

Campground Review:East Rim Campground Pro’s: 1-Handicap Accessible, there is a cabin which is also HDA. 2- If your visiting for a get together your right next to the day use area and there is a picnic pavilion within the campground. 3-The Interpretive Center is close by, the Main Overlook is close by and the Main trailhead is close by.

I like the West Rim Campground better. Few reasons: 1-East Rim Campground is adjacent to the day use area so there is A LOT more vehicle and foot traffic. 2-East Rim Campground is very open, not much shade and the sites are one after another, no privacy. Definitely suited for big rigs. 3-The cabins are right next to the campground also, more traffic.

So it really goes to preference and why your visiting.

The sites each have fire ring, grill, electric, water and gravel drives. Most are on wood patios, no stakes are going in this ground. There is a showerhouse with laundry facilities centrally located and a picnic pavilion and playground within the campground.

We enjoyed the Overlook Trail , easy walk and excellent views! The main trailhead gives you access to the falls below and the other nearby trails. It’s a LONG (down and up), somewhat strenuous hike so take water and snacks ;)

Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get to review products while I review campgrounds.

My absolute favorite thing about Mountain House Meals https://www.mountainhouse.com/, aside from the taste is the convenience! Back in the day when my kids were young I would drag out all the fixings and flat wear and pots and etc. then make whatever meal it was. Then we would eat, then we would clean up. Half the morning /afternoon/evening was gone. (Which at times had its perks) But now that my kids are grown I like to be up and on the trail as soon as possible. Mountain House is a key ingredient in that life style. Start a fire, throw on water to boil, pour in pouch, eat…DONE! Breakfast meals are my favorite. The only issue I have ever had with any meal was the rice being crunchy, but that was my fault. Even then it still tasted crunchy good :)

I had the Oatmeal with milk and blueberries this time. LOTS of blueberries!

So needless to say I had a supply of Mountain House before this opportunity to review the product; in my vehicle, in the camper and in the house for emergency situations.

Absolutely beautiful park

I camped in the Backcountry loop. Very quiet spot. Very friendly staff. Lucas (my GSD) Andy I had a great stay. Beautiful waterfalls.

Gorgeous

One of my favorite campgrounds in Georgia! Absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful in the fall

We hiked here! Although the waterfall was not as big as expected due to a low rainy season the hike was beautiful! And the oversight views incredible! Perfect place for fall in North Georgia! There are a ton of steps to and from the bottom of the canyon where we hiked, and there are several trails to take! Was a busy trail during the fall.

Perfect for our first family camping trip.

We LOVE this park and wanted to spend more time to camp there as a family. It was a wonderful experience! We camped the weekend before July 4 so it was pretty full, but from our walk-in campsite #20 we felt like we had our own little corner of the woods. There are no site specific reservations. It is first come first served. At site #20 we had the sand pit for our large tent, a fire ring with grill, picnic table, and pitched our small tent in another clear area on the site. We found 2 perfect spots to hang our hammocks as well. It was hot, but a dip in the falls cools you right off. Technically there is no swimming at the falls. Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone.

There is a little bit everything at Cloudland: backcountry, walk-in, yurts, cabins, and a large group site on the east side. Our west-rim campsite had clean, well stocked facilities. The comfort stations increase in quality as you increase in site fees. The yurt c.s. was nicer than our walk-in station, but I loved our walk-in camping experience. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of our kids had a blast and the fur babies too! The walking trails and waterfalls are gorgeous! They have places for ultimate frisbee, biking trails, and fishing as well as a stocked visitors center in case you forget something. I am sure we will be back again his fall.