The best YURTS camping near
Sierra Brooks , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sierra Brooks Camping Reviews
What a great spot in Sunnyside/Tahoe City.

What a great spot in Sunnyside/Tahoe City. This is the cleanest campground we’ve ever stayed in. When we arrived the camp hosts were very welcoming and informative with local suggestions (we’re up here at least 8-10 times a year if only on a day drip or long and I learned some insights) they also warned about momma bear and her cubs. Unfortunately we never caught a glimpse but a good warning to be careful with where you leave food. The bathrooms were cleaned several times a day and even had soap. Our site was freshly raked and the fire pit was freshly cleaned out as well. The campers were respectful and not a party crowd like you can get on the South Shore. We will definitely be back.

Nice Spot Close to Lake

We just got back from a short 2 night trip to William Kent. It was a lovely little spot. The sites are definitely close together and the pads are tight. We have a 25 ft travel trailer and with my husbands truck it was definitely a tight squeeze. Plus our pad was really not very flat so leveling the trailer was tough. But beyond that, we had a great site. Someone else made the reservations but I think we really lucked out. Yes, we were on the back end, so as far from the lake as you could be, and yes there are cabins that butt up to some of the sites. But we rode our bikes and/or walked to the lake still, and we barely even saw any people in the cabins. Now there were other sites that were much closer to houses than that and I'm not sure I could've handled those but our site was great. The site itself was huge and really nice for my large family. There is a breakfast place right next to the campground so if you want more glamping you can swing over there in the morning. We also didnt care for the William Kent beach area cause there are no dogs allowed, so instead we drove down a few miles to a dog beach that was really nice. I dont know the name but it's to the right out of the campground, a few miles down and you will run into it. All in all, if you want dispersed camping, this isnt the place for you. But if you want a nice place to set up shop and be super close to tahoe and other amenities, this is a great spot. We had site 30.

Watch out for rocks...and trees

This was our first campground after buying an RV. We had planned to be there before night fall but those plan didn’t work out. So we had to maneuver in the dark. We bumped a big rock and a tree branch smacked out antenna on top. But the view in the morning was well worth it.

Bear Country

I didn’t see not 1 Beautiful area Nice place to fish.

SUP and kayak friendly

we found there to be a lot of rules at this campground such as no fires, however there is a community fire pit. No driving over 5 MPH, no charcoal grills or smokers, only electric and propane grills. They are also very serious about the 11pm quiet time.

Aside from all the rules this was a very clean, family and pet friendly campground. Very clean bathrooms with showers!! There are a few lakes that are very nice for fishing and kayaking. Nice calm water for a leisurely SUP experience.

Very grouchy

This is a nice campground, but the entire time I was there, it felt like nobody wanted me to be there.

Quiet but Convenient

These camp sites are nestled in a neighborhood on West shore. That means it's close to the road, Sunnyside, a deli, the beach, bike trails, etc and about 10 minutes to Tahoe City. We stayed two nights and had quiet nights. Only complaint is tons of pollen.

Convenient

thThis campground is nice and close to Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City. The campground hosts this summer were very helpful, with firewood for sale. Some of the sites seem to sit right in the neghbors backyards, though!

Campground located just near Lake Tahoe

Very clean campground with very nice facilities. We visited in November and we were the only ones there. This was one of the few campgrounds where we weren't bothered by raccoons.