Equestrian
About Lake Perris State Rec Area

Jewel-like Lake Perris beckons visitors with cool blue waters, pristine beaches, world-class bass fishing, wildlife watching, and miles of riding and hiking trails.

Lake Perris camping offers over 350 campsites, including horse camps, and RV hookups.

Reservation Info
Visitors will be able to reserve campsites and lodging six months in advance from the current date. Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and the park’s maximum stay rules.
Hike In
Lake Perris State Rec Area is located in California
Directions
The recreation area is located 11 miles south of Riverside via Highway 60 or I-215.
11 Reviews of Lake Perris State Rec Area
Not so great

Shade is sparse, fellow campers aren’t the most considerate. I have been here 3 times and it always ends up being loud. Fellow campers play music loud and it’s more of a low class party area then camping. I won’t be back.

City camping!

I like to call camping at lake Perris city camping because there can be so many people there on the weekend it’s crazy! Loud music, loud people… But don’t get me wrong my family and I have a great time while there. We just know what to expect. The amount of people camping can drastically change from weekend to weekend, I’m thinking not as many people go when it’s over 90°. But with the lake it’s definitely doable in the heat. My hubby and I have an almost 8 year old and an almost 2 year old. We love Lake Perris camping because it’s close to home, there is always availability and it’s a quick and easy way to get a break from adulting! The photos I have posted are from 6/29-6/30/19 It was not crowded this weekend. But we were there just one weekend before and it was Packed! The weather was also about 15° hotter the second weekend.

Parking lot camping

We stayed here on our first night in our mini Meerkat camper, because of its proximity to the dealership, on our way out of town.  Fortunately, there were very few campers, so we stayed on our own loop, mid-week, and practically had the bathrooms to ourselves.  If this campground were full, it would be pretty miserable.  We found one pepper tree to camp under, parked in our parking space, and ate at the picnic table that was on a cement pad.  The bathrooms were decently clean, and had unmetered showers.

Great local campground with Fun Amenities

This campground is great! It is right next to the lake which has a swimming area, bike path, climbing area, Hiking trails, along with a camp store which has boat rentals and much more!  There is also a museum off the entrance road to the lake. The Perris Auto Speedway is also very close to the campground. They have full hookup, partial hookup, and tent camping sites. Many of the sites have shade trees but some are exposed and can get hot during the summer.

Desert campground on a lake.

It is in a location right next to a race track, so during the summer months it gets quite loud well in to the night. If you have a boat there is a great little island in the lake that has a good beach area to hang out and have a picnic. Its away from the crowds, as the summer months can be quite busy. Growing up I had spent a lot of time at this island, one trip in particular I remember they were searching for a guy that had fallen off his boat, and I was swimming in the lake I started finding money everywhere at the bottom of the lake and had found over $160

The Island does not have campsites or bathrooms. But the campground does have wonderful bathrooms, free showers with hot water, of course it has the other amenities such as fire rings and tables, however, check for fire information if you do want to start a camp fire.

Really beautiful

We loved lake Perris. There was a little shop and a beautiful fishing area. We’re took our dogs swimming and had the most fun. I can’t wait to go back. It was just so much fun.

Perris SRA

Plenty of sites and activities including fishing, swimming, kayaking. Short drive to the Ya'i Heki' Regional Indian Museum in the park. Great camp store with everything you may have forgotten. Clean facilities.

Summer camp getaway

It's a great place for a quick getaway from everyday living.

Veterans Day weekend

Clean campsites, clean showers & toilets. Lots of biking & hiking trails. Primitive camping & RV camping. I’m normally a tent camper but this time I chose to stay at a campsite with water & electricity 😁

Lake camping for those who prefer to be close to civilization and party

Lake camping for those who prefer to be close to civilization and party. It can get very hot during the summer with little shade but you can go to lake, get wet and cool off. Medium size sites but can get crowed during holiday weekends. It's very close to houses and the city so it's convenient if you just want to go to Lake Perris and party.