the dyrt
Yurts
About Lodgepole - Sequoia National Park
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In
National Park Service
Lodgepole - Sequoia National Park is located in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks in California
10 Reviews of Lodgepole - Sequoia National Park
Epic classic Campground

Awesome family place

Awful...never again

Stayed in the lower area…wide open sites, no staff to be seen, and campground was the loudest I'd ever been to…people up all night long partying. Never again. Upper loop sites looked a little nicer.

Hug a giant tree!

If you’re looking to camp in California, Sequoia National Park should be one of your top destinations. They have cabin and tent camping. I have stayed in both. There are trails galore and GIGANTIC trees bigger than your car. This beautiful setting is worth visiting year round and I recommend camping during the less touristy times in early Spring and Fall. You are near lakes, waterfalls, and an array of bodies of water. I recommend coming up the back end up the park for an easier ascent rather than via the 198. The 198 takes you up a steep, but beautiful, hair pin turn ridden road. If you get car sick easily, take the route through Fresno.

Gorgeous

Although the sites are very close together, we found this campground to be very nice. The sites are small, flat, and the ground is too hard to stake into. Each site had a bear box which you MUST use as we saw several bears there… especially in the early morning. The store was a convenient walk and had the essentials. The scenery was beautiful; we loved walking around camp and taking it all in. It was cool at night because of the high elevation.

Beauitful and Scenic camping in the woods

This campground was very scenic. It didn't seem like a normal campground and it was easy to forget that there were other people camping there. The campspots are perfect fit for a tent. We were camped right along a river spot. My husband and I went hiking in the campground away from the campsites and into the woods and actually saw a bear. The campsite feels right in the middle of the national park of Sequoia. You can hike in the camp away from sites and the top sites to see in Sequoia are also very close. It took 13 mikes to get the to campsite at the entrance of the national park but it was a beautiful scenic drive. Also this campsite offers and is nescessary to store food in bear proof compartments that are on every site. You can see many large Sequoia trees in the campsite. Also it was very shaded and cool after a hot day in August. Very worth visiting.

Best Campround I've ever been!!

This place is amazing! I wish we could stayed more days. Restrooms were clean and with toilet paper always. Is near the river, trailhead and the market. BTW we saw deers around the market. I you go to Sequoia NP you have to camp here. you won't regret it.

This campground has it all

We've stayed at this campground twice now … both during the summer months. This campground is HUGE!! Perfect place to go if you love to hike … there is access to trailheads directly from campground. There are public showers (money required) … a huge gift store and eatery. definitely luxury camping here

Glamping for sure!

Wonderful place to camp for first-timers or families with babies. Full amenities, general store, showers, washing machine's and Ranger station with activities for kids throughout the week. Several trailheads and points of interest are not far from Lodgepole also, there is a Free shuttle that runs between most of them during the week and weekend.

Lodgepole Along the River

Lodgepole campground is a large one with over 200 sites but does a great job of making the most out of each individual site. The best sites are the ones nearest to the river and most have large trees to provide shade during the hot summer days. The site is closed during the summer

Great base in crowded Sequoia/Kings Canyon Park

We really enjoyed this campsite (despite some loud neighbors). The sites really do vary based on where they're at in the grounds, so make sure to look at the map carefully. We picked one in back and were very happy. We loved the easy access to the free public shuttles around the park, as well as the relatively near market/store for supplies ranging from outdoor/backcountry equipment to s'mores supplies, ice and beer. I would have liked to stay longer (on a less crowded, non-holiday weekend) and camp there while enjoying many of the beautiful day hikes in the area, taking full advantage of that shuttle system!