Petersburg, ALASKA
Most Recent Petersburg Camping Reviews
Swimming Hole

This is such a beautiful spot! If your brave and the water is high, jumping off the bridge is extremely fun here!

I have a friend that grew up at the hatchery just on the other side - what a blessed spot to grow up.

Always a fun spot for a day picnic

out the road

the saying “out the road” is commonly used when living the island life.

thankfully ohmer creek isn’t too far out the road and has a lot to offer!

the campsites were well maintained! towards the end there are some that have direct trails to the creek as well.

there are also newly upgraded hiking trails that go through the woods and marsh and loop back around.

the trail is easy enough for small children and makes for a fun event!!

Red Bay Lake is a stunning adventure

I've stayed at this cabin numerous times. The cabin pic is great. What the cabin pic doesn't illustrate is the view from the cabin, which is unparalleled. Getting here is an adventure. It's a 3 hour drive from the Craig Klawock area to the trailhead. The trail is almost a full mile in length. Constructed from yellow cedar, the boardwalk is slippery but well done. It winds through the woods, with a few short staircases and a bridge. Forget about kayak wheels. Renting a small outboard is, to me, worth the expense rather than rowing the skiff across the mile long lake which was once so windy when I didn't have a motor that we were practically rowing backwards. Red Lake can produce hot fishing in good years. Bears and other wildlife are seen every time I go there. Go for at least two nights, 3 if possible, and explore the North End of POW. Wood stove.

IN LOVE

I have the fondest memories of the Red Bay Lake Cabin.

Took a canoe out to the site, and the cabin was GORGEOUS. Had a crew of about 10 of us, and it fit us comfortably. Lots of space to put up tents too. Spent the night playing "stump" (an Alaska classic), and canoeing around. Can't say enough about this pristine, quiet, perfect little escape.

Bear country

Alaskan wife,mother of four boys. Three dogs. We live for the outdoors. We love hiking, boating, camping, just being outside to breath.

Wiliwaw

This place was great. We were able to kayak and hike up to a glacier very very close to the campground. The spaces are ample enough to have more than one tent but we rented 2 spaces just to be safe. A moose and her calves even walked through the site.