Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 35 ft.
Lower Chatanika/Olnes Pond is located in Alaska
2 Reviews of Lower Chatanika/Olnes Pond
Amazing little campground

Love how well maintained this campground was even during the pandemic. We came at the end of the season but I am sure this campground gets plenty of use during the peak season. This is one worth coming back to. There are a number of larger parking spots and a great place to bring your kayak. Lots of ATV trails.

Well maintained, great ATV trails

My first thought when we drove into the campground was wow, this is nicely maintained. We had just stayed at Whitefish Campground about 2 miles away and driving into Olnes Pond Campground was beautiful. The electronic option to pay here is the first time I’ve seen that in Alaska. The pond is stocked with rainbow trout but we were a little too early in the season on this visit May 29, 2020. There a nicely sized pond in the middle of the campground and the camping sites are situated around the entire pond. There were day visitors who brought paddle boards and kayaks to enjoy the weather on the pond. People say you can swim in this pond put be weary of duck/swimmers itch. There are picnic tables, bathrooms, trash cans, and lots of grassy area to just enjoy a day visit. This seemed more as a party spot sort of camping oppose to enjoy the view and relax so be ready to hear ATVs and friendly conversations late at night. I would definitely come back with a kayak and fishing pole once the pond is stocked for the children to enjoy a relaxing day on the pond.