About Finger Lake State Rec Area
Finger Lake State Rec Area is located in Alaska
5 Reviews of Finger Lake State Rec Area
Canoe Heaven

I never knew this campground existed and boy am I glad we found it. 7 miles of canoe trails, a swimming beach, and nice campsites make this a weekend getaway! Two large group sites, 24 tent sites and 8 rv sites, 1-8 and 15-21are reservable, with sites 9-14 fcfs. $25 a nigh dry campingMinimum booking 2 days in advance. Boat launch, Firewood $8 bucket or $15 for two. Camp host, 7 day limit. #5 and #6 are our RV favorites as they dont look upon anything but woods. Very clean restrooms. You can pay via card too! Huge day use area. Definately a keeper on our list.

Water fun

Great place to stay for the day or weekend if you love the water. Not too many sites but still a great little campground. The campground is at the start of one of the great canoe trails that ends at Wasilla Lake.

Clean and family friendly

Nice, clean campsites. Everything is in pretty close-quarters but the campground seems quiet and family friendly. The state did a good job of making the sites level and planted grass in the tent spots. Finger Lake itself is great for different activities and it’s a realitivly quiet area for being so close to town.

My biggest downside are the prices. $25-$30/night. Pretty steep cost for no hook-ups and to not have a more private party setting. It’s just my opinion, but if you are in a tent site, you really shouldn’t have to pay over $20 (at the very most) to camp. We need to keep camping an affordable hobby for families (and just people in general).

Well maintained and wonderful camp sites

We were so pleased when we found this gem of a campground. The tent spots are large, level, and have nice and lush grass. The lake is just a short walk from the campgrounds and has a nice spot to fish from the shore with little ones. we went on a non-holiday weekend and it was nice and peaceful.

Great Winter Wonderland

My friend and I went here this past winter to do some ice fishing for the first. It was amazing. The views of the mountains were beautiful and the fish were biting every 5 seconds. It was like they have never eaten before. There are a ton of campsites and ample parking that we plan to take advantage of this summer. Only down side is that there is a lot of private property around the lake so one would need to be aware of docking kayak/boat to go off trail hiking.