Water Unknown
About Denali Viewpoint - Denali State Park
Hike In
Denali Viewpoint - Denali State Park is located in Alaska
9 Reviews of Denali Viewpoint - Denali State Park
East access to a fabulous view

Worth the stop on the parks hwy. Enjoy Denali from the base and hopefully it’ll be a clear day!

simple campground, highway noise

can be a bit crowded during busy season (summer)

Beaut park near Denali.. overcrowded on weekends.

Had an amazing time here. Only stayed 1 night. Theres amazing few of the mountain ranges if they are clear. Which they are not always. Still beautiful. Unfortunately we were here on at saturday in july and it was packed and people were obnoxious….and i like to drink. Regardless good times just don't stay here on a weekend in july. also got to see some ridiculous moose and get some amazing pics.

Beautiful, but misleading and crowded.

This campground is located about 80 miles from what people traditionally think of when they think of Denali National Park (i.e. Cruise ship hotels, restaurants, buses into the park, etc). So if you are wanting/needing to be close to that, then don't stay here. Also if you like solitude don't stay here as it is quite busy. That being said it is a beautiful campground with some epic views of Denali, Foraker and Hunter when the mountain is out. If your socked in, it is still nice views but just not the same epicness. Everything seemed to be well maintained and got relatively quiet at night when I stayed there.

Moose!

We've been to this camp twice, June and September. Both were amazing. This isn't the best site for solitude but if you're driving up that one long road between Anchorage and Fairbanks it's a pretty easy stopover. The family next to us said this site is always full but they stay anyway. There aren't words for the views.

Backcountry camping!

The best scenery I've ever had the privilege of seeing. The wildlife? Unreal! Amazing experience.
Unfortunately the maps given at the entrance were absolutely worthless! There was not even a key for north! It's amazing I made it out alive. Thank goodness I have commonsense and wilderness experience. I fear for those who don't.

Denali State Park

There are two campgrounds here: Denali Viewpoint South and Denali Viewpoint North. As other reviewers noted, this is not particularly great for solitude. There are great mountain views. Tables, pit toilets are available. A good place to camp overall.

Beautiful site even when Denali is in clouds

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Denali itself during our 4-day trip in the region (late May), but this campground is still absolutely beautiful even without its namesake. Streams and tundra are punctuated with evergreens, snow-capped mountains in the distance, perfectly Alaska. We saw lots of eagles and moose right on site, plus a porcupine.

Campsite is easy to find (like everything in AK, just look up the milepost!). There are a lot of campsites but definitely make reservations in this area in the summer. It doesn't feel crowded even when the site is full. Good facilities. Great stopover on the way to Denali National Park.

This site claims to be ADA accessible and I'd agree with that. Call the rangers about your specific needs.

out of the way

site: close together. very little privacy. pets ok. many mosquitos. inexpensive. amenities: not many sites. a couple cabins available. attractions: hiking. great scenery. near Denali NP. I would go camping here again.

not the best

Stayed here with family on a trip, but it isn't a place I would have picked to camp. Just outside Denali park, it just seemed to lack the privacy/solitude I had envisioned away from the 'national park camping crowd.' I would rather stay in the park during our whole trip if we return again.