About White Oak (Creek) Campground

White Oak Creek Campground is situated on the shores of Walter F. George Lake on the Georgia and Alabama border. The lake is a great place to get away for a week, a weekend or just an afternoon.

Boating, swimming, fishing and camping are popular activities.

Click here for a virtual tour of the many facilities at Walter F. George Lake.

Recreation

The Chattahoochie River lakes are an angler's paradise, where largemouth bass, white bass, hybrids, crappie, channel catfish and bream are found. The lake's 640 miles of shoreline offer many excellent locations for bank fishing, and a boat ramp is conveniently located nearby.

The lake and its surrounding forests provide a great locale for hiking, hunting or simply observing wildlife.

Facilities

The campground offers 129 sites with electric and water hookups. Amenities include flush toilets, showers, drinking water, laundry facilities and three dump stations.

Younger campers love the park's playground and wide open spaces.

Natural Features

Walter F. George Lake, sometimes called Lake Eufaula, stretches 85 miles up the Chattahoochee River. Visitors come to relax and play among the natural beauty of the area.

The lands surrounding the lake are forested with dense stands of mixed hardwoods. A wide variety of wildlife is commonly seen, including waterfowl, deer, squirrels, rabbits, eagles, hawks, bobcats and dozens of species of songbirds.

Nearby Attractions

The historic towns of Eufaula, Alabama and Cuthbert, Georgia are nearby. Eufaula boasts more than 20 structures and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Beautiful antebellum mansions are located throughout both towns.

ADA Access: N

No Sewer Hookups
No WiFi
White Oak (Creek) Campground is located in Alabama
Directions
From Eufaula, Alabama, take US 431 south. Turn left on SR 95 and continue for 2 miles, then follow signs to the campground.
6 Reviews of White Oak (Creek) Campground
Seasonal five-star rating!

My seasonal five-star rating is based on being here in the offseason. There is just something about having a campsite right on the water that is so peaceful. However, in the summer, I would imagine the water would be clogged with boats zooming around, and we would not find it so peaceful or enjoyable (but many others would).

There are four sections to this 130-site campground: Mallard Point, Oakwood, Creek View, and River Chase. The only sites that are reservable are in the Oakwood and Creek View Sections. Only Mallard Point and Oakwood were open when we were there; I’m not sure if it was because of flooding or just low occupancy. Based on Elaine H’s review, we had reserved Site 50 in the Oakwood section for two nights and we were not disappointed. We were right on the water, which gave us a little concern after the host said the water was expected to rise (some of the sites had some water) but we didn’t have a problem. Not much separation/privacy between sites but most people were in RVs (didn’t see any tents). Each site has a large picnic table, fire ring, lantern hook, and food prep table.

Bathrooms were very clean AND heated, which was nice as the temperatures dipped below freezing at the end of February. Each section has laundry facilities ($1.50 each for wash/dry) The map showed two dump stations, one at the very end of the campground and one located in the Oakwood section but again, only the one in Oakwood was open when we were there. Sadly, no recycling.

There are two very short nature trails but no other hiking trails. There is a fenced-in dog park. If you are not a boater, there is not much to do but again, it was very peaceful at the end of February.

Beautiful campground with great sites

Stayed December 2019 for a long weekend. The sites are all very nice with fire ring, lantern pole, picnic table, small counter height table, and concrete pad for your camper or tents. Ample additional parking available. Bathrooms were well maintained. We stayed in the Oakwood loop. River Chase loop has the best playground. Staff were very friendly. Several dump stations as well as a dog park. Would like some more hiking trails.

One of the Best

One of my favorite campsites to go to, but not a lot of shade on all the sites next to the water. Fall is such a great time to camp here.

Lots of lake front sites!!

We tent camped in February 2019 on site 47 right on Lake Eufaula! Bathhouse was clean. Most sites are either on the lake or have a view of the lake. Bring your fishing poles and boats, lots of activity on the water! We want to try sites 49, 50, 51, 60, 61, 92, 122…these are on our list as the best sites. We will be back!

Beautiful cool weather camping

Camped here in December and it was very quiet. I prefer cool weather for camping here in the South, as I'd rather huddle under a blanket by a fire than sit inside in AC when the temp reaches 90 degrees plus. Lots of pretty foliage remaining on the trees and birds were active.

Bring your netting

White Oak Creek Campground, is in Alabama…..I obviously missed the State Sign when I crossed the border;)

This was a quiet, low populated area when we traveled through. I should say low people populated, the bug population was booming! Gnats and mosquitoes, I can see why the frog population is so high.

The lake had several signs denoting the presence of alligators. I didn’t see any, but there in lies the problem! I’ve seen to many National Geographic shows where the unsuspecting gnu gets grabbed while try to quench its thirst. So my dogs were not happy with me because they were not permitted in the water. There were people in the beach area and their kids were playing in the water. There were plenty of people out fishing too.

The campground was shaded and I liked the double spots available for people traveling together. Some sites definitely had more privacy then others. When you don’t reserve ahead you get what’s left if anything. The facilities were not new but they were clean and the park was well maintained. This would be a water recreation style camping trip but you could walk or bike the road.