Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 75 ft.
Bellefonte / State College KOA is located in Pennsylvania
6 Reviews of Bellefonte / State College KOA
Good Experience

Campground was packed 10/16-10/18, we had a 30 amp back-in full hook up site, those sites are very close to one another, well shaded.l though. A lot to do for the kids throughout the weekend, workers did a great job, very polite. We will be returning.

1st Stay at KOA

This was my 1st time camping at a KOA as the nearby state park was full. This KOA impressed me. The grounds were well laid out and included RVs, campers, tents and us in Hammocks. We were in an area for tent camping though. The individual bathroom/showers were great & clean. Office facilities & firewood access were also nice. I usually camp in state parks, but I’ll give KOA consideration again after this stay.

pros and cons

on a x-country trek to deliver my kid to college, so not yr typical koa person. BUT great new bathroom/shower here and a cooking and dishwashing station by the primitive camping area get 5 stars.

we got a postage stamp flat driveway to stay the night - i believe it was site 15. but only $30ish for a koa. fine for our pop-top van, great shower, and a quick stop for the van.

IMPORTANT— almost got killed getting just off the freeway to make the left turn towards the koa — please be careful. traffic either side does not stop or slow, and they are going extremely fast. be patient. wait for ample time.

if i had kids — there’s a stocked pond and a freakin’ bouncy pad!!!

also, note to potato chip connoisseurs, avoid the brand they sell in the kamp store — bleck. misfortune of reading ingredients — “may contain tallow” — eek!!!

Great Campground

First, I'll agree with Gayle that water pressure was 18psi. Aside from that, the campground is clean and the staff is friendly. They had activities that my kids enjoyed. Pool is in good shape, along with a bounce pillow and several playgrounds. I did not like the complete openness of the park, the sites are stepped up a hill so there is really no privacy. The trail up the hill is large gravel and treacherous on a bicycle. Make sure you have leveling tools as the sites are not very level side-to-side. The sites are also small and tightly packed. We also saw a large black snake on the playground near us. The staff did promptly remove though.

Great place to stay!

We lucked out and got a fantastic site on the hill. #75 it was secluded and had a big lawn. Nice pool, splash park, and bouncy pillow. We did the Friday night pizza and wings which worked out great.

Nice campground. Bad water pressure.

I honestly struggled with what to rate this campground. I loved the area. Very peaceful and quite, but close to State College (a must since we were in town for a Penn State game). I also loved historic Bellefonte (I highly recommend eating at the Governors Pub). It had a cute little dog park, nice play ground, bouncy pillow, gem mining, pool, etc.- what you expect to find at a KOA. Once we were in it, I even loved our site once we were in it. It was very secluded, private, quite and woodsy. That being said- getting into the site was almost impossible. We didn't think we'd be able to do it. And as it was, our slide out was about an inch away from a tree on one side and up against a raised concrete pad on the other. For a smaller camper, it was probably perfect, but I really don't think they had any business putting a camper our size in that site. Width wise, the site was large and had some sort of shrub growing in the middle of the entrance which helped with giving it more privacy. Then there was the water pressure… or lack of water pressure. Saying it trickled out would be generous. Though there was a lot about the campground that I liked, I won't go back again just based on the water pressure alone. I've never been that stressed out trying to rinse my hair… It could very well have just been a problem with our site- we were in the very back on the hill. Or it may be a problem everyone was experiencing. I'm not sure which is why I gave it a 4 rating. I liked everything about it but that.