Camping in Tecula

21 Reviews of 7 Tecula, Texas Campgrounds

Kayla L.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Family Oriented Camping

My kids are already asking when we are coming back. The owners and staff are super friendly. The water park kept my kids happy the entire weekend. Only drawback was not open past 5 pm but I understand why (they do private parties). Plenty activities for kids. They set up a movie night on the…

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Cute little park

The park was small, but nice. We loved waking up to see a pasture full of cows behind us. The manager was very polite. I would stay here again.

Randy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Well maintained

The rv spots were comfortable and well spaced. It gets busy on weekends but is quiet and secluded during the week.

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Park, People and Wine

Nice, well maintained park with the usual amenities. Very nice staff and a cool little store at the entrance. Just around the corner from the Kiepersol Winery and restaurant. Great central location for visiting Tyler, Canton, Lindale, Gladewater and more.

Chris P.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Beautiful Lake Hawkins

Great RV park, concrete pads, well maintained quiet. This is one of my favorite finds in TX. Everything you need.

E
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great little park with even better people!

Concrete pads, lots of shade, many with views of the lake (very clear water for the area) great little campground store with necessities. Very spacious sites!! Nice metal picnic table and fire ring. Sand beach for swimming, locals are allowed, but there is a small beach reserved for rv folks.

p
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Immaculate grounds and facilities.

This is our second year at Shallow Creek. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The grounds, laundry and shower rooms are clean and well kept. Level parking sites with full hook ups, easy access, picnic tables and park-like lighting are the things we appreciate at this RV resort.

E
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Month of VisitNovember
J
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer…

• Signage on FSR 511 at left turn to the Neches Bluff Overlook, FSR 511-A.
  • Signage at entrance to last camping area of the loop drive through the Neches Bluff Overlook area.
  • Pit toilet just past the overlook (clean and with a maintenance log posted on the door).
SiteArea towards the end of the "loop" drive to the right.
Month of VisitNovember
Andy K.
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

C
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2021

RV hook up

Very clean

Jay N.
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2020

Nice little water park & full hookups!

There were some drawbacks to the sites, but the water area made it all worth it for us and our toddler! He had a BLAST. Nice clean gravel sites, though a little sandy & not a ton of shade. Full hookups, bath house, and a very nice little water park. They sell affordable food at the water area,…