the dyrt
Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Sylco Campground
This peaceful campground is located in an isolated area near the Big Frog Wilderness. It offers 12 campsites with fire rings and picnic tables. Enjoy fishing in the Conasauga or Jacks Rivers or the solitude of a wilderness trail in the Big Frog Wilderness.
National Forest
Sylco Campground is located in Tennessee
Directions
From the Ocoee Ranger Station turn right on Highway 64 and travel 4.8 miles to County road 2330 (Cookson Creek Road). Turn left and travel 3.5 miles to campgound on the right.
1 Review of Sylco Campground
Okay campground

I wasn't really a huge fan of this campground, but the hiking and outdoor nature was great. We saw tons of chipmunks around, they were definitely after our food both at our campsite and hiking. Wish I would have got some pictures of them! We also really enjoyed doing some bird watching and trying to figure out what birds were which. My grandpa brought his bird book, so we were able to look in there and find what birds we were seeing. The experience of doing it was worth it! There were definitely lots of different beautiful colored birds. Really enjoyed the hiking and nature walks. The paths were so beautiful, I couldn't help but take pictures of it all. Felt like we were the only ones on the paths, because they were bare and we hardly saw anyone. People used on of the trails for trail running, which looked like a ton of fun. We passed a few runners on our way up and back. The views from the top were amazing. The campground was a bit small and dirty. There was garbage everywhere it seemed, and the bathrooms were a mess. Not sure if people using the trails also use the bathrooms, BUT it was gross and smelly. Bring your own toilet paper would be my suggestion and plug your nose! We probably wouldn't come back and stay here again, but would come back to go hiking on the trails.!