Allardt , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Allardt Camping Reviews
OMG! O

We stayed for a few days and as a backpacker, the local hikes are some of the best I have ever seen! I would say most of the hikes are moderate, although some say easy. Grandma couldn’t leisurely walk, or scale some of the trails, so you have been warned. But for able bodied persons, the hikes are all doable. There are quite the variety of hike lengths to choose from, from short and squatty, to full day hikes. I’ll submit some of my favorite shots below. For RVs - I was towing a 21 ft trailer and my site at the bottom of the hill, which was away from other campers, but the grade was ridiculous! I had 6” of block height to level side to side! I heard other complaints from other longer tongue pullers as well, regarding the difficulty getting into their sites. Most of the sites are small, too close to other campers, or too close to the smell of the privies. But if you are hiking the area, I think the stay could be worth some of the hassle. There is a pull through dump station on the loop. There is electric and water. Tent campers - probably have plenty of room to spread out, some with power hookups and the convenience of showers at a central bathhouse. Daytime picnics - a beautifully large area to choose from and see. Lots of selections, all of them very well social distanced, family friendly and shaded with trees. Soooo much to see.

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

First time Staying at a KOA

We picked this stop because it was a halfway point from our trip in Georgia to home in Ohio and it was easy off and on 75. It’s a small campground with only 37 rv sites, a primitive camping section and several small cabins. They offer a pool, dog park, laundry and game room.

It’s very clean and the staff was nice. We got here after hours and they had everything we needed at the check in with our names, site number and directions to our site. They also offer WiFi and cable tv.

There is not much to do in the park itself but it’s quite and close to town.

Great Family Camping

The only reason I went with 4 stars is the fact that the camping spots are a little close together for my liking. Other than that, the staff were very nice, there are great amenities, and the bathrooms were clean. We would not hesitate to camp here again.

Great hiking and views

We stayed in East campground mid week only 5 sites taken so nice and quiet. Rangers very nice. Bathhouse clean. Beautiful night sky views. Be sure to watch the YouTube video of the building of the dam in the 30's makes you appreciate everything even more. Narrow road to campground.

Royal Blue

North Cumberland/Royal Blue is located a few miles off I-75, and is a good spot for outdoor recreation. This place is a bid draw for ATV’s, and from what I understand they ride up there year round. The area is a WMA, so it’s a good spot for hunting, just make sure to check local regulations, I know they have elk in this area, and quota hunts and such. You can find some great camping spots here, outside of hunting season anyway. The area is large, so you can definitely find a great spot to camp. We chose a spot that someone had used previously and made a fire pit. We were on top of a ridge, and had good cell reception. It was quiet and peaceful. I did take note of several other really good spots too. If you want to escape civilization and enjoy camping for free, this is a good spot.

We only stayed one night passing through. But wished we had more time! The sites were level, large, gravel with picnic tables and fire rings.spaced far enough apart you didn’t feel crowded at all. We didn’t use the laundry or bathhouse so I can’t comment on those. The campground was very nice with what seems to be lots to do, as far as hiking and sightseeing. Will definitely keep this one in mind on another trip!

Beautiful park!

We stayed just one night while driving our new camper home. It was a beautiful park and our site (27 in the west campground) was in a great spot. Keep in mind, a trailer much longer that 16' will have trouble getting in.

We were right next to a trailhead and that gave us a lot of extra room

Lovely find!!

Wasn’t expecting much at first, but ended up being pleasantly surprised and happy I stayed here. I can easily say this is one of my favorite campgrounds on my road trip so far. Mostly because it offers so much for free. Plenty of camp spots as well as the ability to park/camp right next to the water. (There’s no Water or Electric hookups) Also, not a lot of places selling firewood nearby. But there is a gas station called Rocky Spring Mart towards the “Cuzzin RV Park” that sells some.

There’s a large boat ramp, and the park itself is perfect for fun water activities. So bring your kayak or paddle boards! There’s even a swim area.

There are flushing toilets and 1 shower stall per bathroom with decent pressure and hot water. They are cleaned daily. (If you’re a tall person you might feel a bit exposed in the shower due to the height of the doors)

There is a park manager that keeps track of every new camper. He asks a few questions and gives you a list of the rules. He’s kind, and will gently tell you if you’re violating said rules.

Speaking of which THE PARK/CAMPGROUND IS CLOSED ON SUNDAYS.

Overall, I’ve had a fun and relaxing time here, and would definitely come again if I’m ever in Tennessee again.

Great State Park

Cumberland Mountain State Park has everything you need for a great time outdoors. Located near Crossville, the park is close to restaurants, shopping, a winery, and some antique shops too, if you want to venture out. Crossville is on the Cumberland Plateau, and even in the middle of summer, it is very pleasant at night, and even with the park being fully booked, it was so quiet and peaceful! The park has a lake with kayak, canoe, and paddle board rentals, and fishing is allowed. I saw several playgrounds in different areas of the park, and it’s really good for bike riding. The office has any essentials you might need. I had a site in area 3, which has water and electric, it was pretty much level and very spacious. I did make a note that area 1 has full hookups, so I plan to try to get a spot in there next time, even though the spots looked a little smaller. This is a really nice state park.