Camping in Shannon

98 Reviews of 6 Shannon, South Carolina Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Lake Views and Lot’s of Wildlife

Mistletoe is a terrific state park. Very clean and up-to-date sites. Numerous RV sites on the waterfront. Waterfront sites tend to be water/electric, many interior sites seem to have sewer hookups as well. Verizon signal is 4+bars, plenty of bandwith. Lake was quiet this week as school was back…

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Beautiful Lakeside

This park has so many positives...clean gravel wooded sites, numerous lakefront sites, new bathhouses, and spacious. Made the mistake of booking a premium full hookup, which was perfect except the lakefront sites (water/electric) would have been exquisite. On my "I will return" list.

Rose S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Military

This is a military campground

• Play button icon
SiteB -4
Lorilee S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Amazing location and views

This is such an amazing campground. The lake is amazing. The views are amazing. Would love to spend more time there.

• spacious site
Nick L.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

very clean

had a great time with family and friends ALL the staff was very nice and friendly. the showers and bathrooms were very clean. i stayed in two of the walk in sites and love them very quiet plenty of fire wood. wish they had power but that wont stop me from getting them again

Site28 and 29
Cody K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

It’s a great campground

Great little campground, my wife and I just moved into our RV and this our first stop. Super quiet and nice; not weigh in much of amenities other than the bathhouse in the washer and dryer and Wi-Fi. Campground host is super nice though his name is Dale. Will definitely be here for a while

Site?
Christy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

I wish we would have come here sooner!

We got to this wonderful campground on a Monday afternoon and left Friday morning and it was probably no more than 75% full that week.  It was super quiet and well-maintained.  The 72,000 acre lake is clear and clean and is great for boating, kayaking, fishing or swimming.  My husband caught and…

• Site 38
  • Site 38...right on the water
  • Site 38
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Mistletoe State Park is a jewel in Georgia

We spent a couple of nights in Mistletoe State Park in Georgia while we investigated my husband's ancestry.  This park is truly beautiful. As you enter and drive through the park you are surrounded by virgin forest and arrive at beautiful Lake Thurmond.  Our campsite was the best we have ever had…

Elizabeth G.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful views and large spaces

Stayed at hamilton branch this past weekend. Loved the big sites. Only downside was the site we stayed on was site 42 the water connection is too far away so you must have a very long hose pipe. And poison oak surrounds the entire site. Other than that it was nice and peaceful. Look forward to…

Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
K
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

A new favorite!

We camped here in early May and loved it! Very private, large campsites. Bike friendly and beautiful lake. Wished we had brought our kayaks, but will be back again soon! Drove into McCormick and had dinner at Michelle’s which we would highly recommend. Their calzones and burgers were delicious!

• morning coffee
Karen C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Nice hiking trail, beautiful lake views.

The main campground is flat making it easy to back up campers or RV’s in slots. Some pull through spots. We were tent camping and choose a walk in slot. 27, 28 & 29. Our site was 29 it is about 100 yards from the main campground down a single lane sandy road that leads into a wooded area. We…

robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very nice!!!

This place is awesome! We slept in the primative tent section. It was nice and peaceful. Facilities are clean. Great views ❤️

• Sunset