The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Scranton , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Scranton Camping Reviews
Packed but pretty

I recently spent 3 days at this park and had a a great experience.

This location boasts 300+ campsites but are rather packed on top of one another. Once it hits about 10 pm you almost feel like whispering is loud as your neighbors are almost at arms length.

The camp store was stocked and had most of what I needed however, a quick trip out of the park and you will have all the stores you need, this is Myrtle beach after all.

The pier is a huge bonus as we fished for 3 days but it is $8 per person to use the pier. Tent sites ran about $40 per night, I would have hoped for a bit more privacy at that price point but overall it was not bad.

The bathrooms and showers were clean and the park was well kept. They offer hiking trials and a nature center.

If you have a camper or RV this is a great place for you. If you are looking for something more primitive… good luck

I still enjoyed myself and the views and beach were great.

Nice love and would camp there again but just expect it to be a bit cramped.

Family friendly beach camping

Family friendly campground with its own private beach.  Ice cream shop, mini golf, water park, bball courts, arcade all included.

Loved it

This park is a peace in the middle of chaotic Myrtle Beach. We would drive to the beach with our wagon since our site was in the back of the campground. I would walk to the beach in the evenings though. Clean sites, clean beach and spacious!

Quite Surprised

COVID ruined summer plans as it did for many, so we ended up here against my wishes. I'm not a Myrtle Beach fan, so heading to this campground wasn't something I was looking forward to.

Thankfully, this turned out to be quite a nice spot. The beach was not overly crowded and the spots were spacious. There's a nice shop and boardwalk nearby and it was well kept. A nice surprise!

Great beach, tight sites

Stayed for a week, really enjoyed the beach and proximity to restaurants/ bars. Ended up being there during bike week so it had its moments of noise through the days/evenings. The park is under the runway for commercial and military aircraft and there is a helicopter sightseeing service that flys over all day long. ATT and Tmobile were not great, however, I was able to work with the WIFI and it was ok. It rained and the dirt spots collected water and made for some unpleasant days stuck inside. Our spot was right next to one of the bathrooms and isn't ideal if you wanted a little more privacy. The park does have nice space and trails to explore and is a very popular spot for fishing off the pier and enjoying the beach. There are 2 stores in the park, just don't forget your mask or you'll hear about it. They do sell firewood on the property and have fire rings at each site.

Great place to camp!

Hosts were super nice, even when we got in late. Was wonderful to wake up and see the horses. Also dog friendly which is a plus.

Nice

Nice park and campground. Beach access is good. Staff is helpful.

Nearly perfect, save for the close proximity

Booked the spot for 4 nights in the tent, and extended for two more after rest stops in Savannah and Charleston during this fourth week in September. This park really has it all: trails, beaches, camp store, RV and tent sites, laundry, clean bathrooms, and WiFi. There's something magical about the trees that shelter the picnic areas beside the beach. You will see hares, turtles, birds, and lizards in the nature preserves, but you won't see raccoons, possums, or armadillos near the camp sites. There are just too many people and dogs for them to bear. Camped in spot #123a, pretty large and next to the bathrooms and trash/recycling bins, and a short walk to the camp store. The fire pits are shallow and don't have that ability to raise the rack to separate your food front the fire, so be watchful when cooking to prevent burning. Expect overhead air traffic related to the nearby airport and a helicopter tour company. There's a special path for bikes and carts that takes you out of the park and places you right in front of the supermarket Food Lion on Hwy 17. Cool. This is now a favorite park. It would have five stars if I couldn't hear my neighbors' low-volume conversations next door.

Great state park

Fishing pier right there near camping site. Grab your pole and catch dinner or venture out to one of the many great restaurants the grand strand area has to offer.

Summer destination

We have stayed at Lakewood for the last 10 years for our summer vacation. This year we booked 2 weeks and rode out our first hurricane!! We really enjoy the quite family atmosphere and the short walk to the beach. The water park is super fun for our children. They love the water slides and I love the lazy river that allows me to float around and watch them. My kids love to go fishing at night and crabbing at the inlet. We ride golf carts and enjoy the activities the campground provide. The bathhouses are usually clean. They have a good coffee house and store with really good food. We really enjoy our summers at Lakewood!!