The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Carroll Valley , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Carroll Valley Camping Reviews
More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.

Solid State Park Campground

This place is best if you're into fishing but it has the basics covered. Good bathrooms, a beach, and some hiking around the lake. It's also pretty convenient to Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey if you want things to do. It also has some nice birding.

A nice family site

Definitely not as spread out as we had originally thought BUT it’s a really nice site if you’re looking to get your kids into camping there’s plenty for them to do and see. Now if you’re looking for more of a private place to camp this probably isn’t the place for you as the sites are pretty much on top of each other! That being said definitely worth the money especially if you’re really only there for a night

One of my favorites

We spend a few weekends a year here. Nice campground, great Halloween weekend. We stay in A loop

We travel here from PA every year for their Halloween weekend and returned one summer to enjoy the other options for activities. They have tons of things for Children including a waterpark, a jumping pillow, ziplining, trick or treating, haunted trails, etc. The options are endless.

After you get here, theres no reason to leave because they have a store on site as well as an icecream shop!

Crowded Tent area and chiggers

I came for a hike and quick one night tent escape. I had never been and reserved a tent site online. When I arrived, someone was in my spot. After working it out and came back I noticed just how crowded it was. Lots literally right on top of each other. Felt like everyone there was in the same group but we obviously weren’t. Went to front gate and got a much more isolated tent spot (front gate said they were ALL the same size and privacy and I can tell you he was very wrong). After we pitched in the new spot, all was good. Then I left and woke up with a serious case of chigger bites. Not the best experience to say the least

Great Park for Families!

This park was definitely on point. Great amenities, incredibly friendly staff and camp host, two lakes to swim/fish/boat in, lots of trails to bike or hike on, nice DRY firewood! The campgrounds have plenty of shade to keep you cool even when it gets hot. And when it gets got, they’ve got multiple stores and snack bars that serve tasty Hershey’s ice cream… among other tasty treats. This park is the half way point on the AT, and we got to meet quite a few hikers and hear some cool stories about their travels on the trail. We will definitely be camping again here soon!

Plenty of water views, well maintained, busy

Highly utilized state park - only detractor though, just a lot of people! Cleared out Monday though. Very nicely kept. Friendly staff and hosts. Boats for rent and plenty of launches for your own. Clean bathhouses and plentiful.

Very Nice

This was our first outing with our new pop up, Steve. The sites were very clean, no trash, and pretty level. The staff, Glenda, were very helpful. Clean restrooms. Nice little fishing pond.

Nice, but expensive

It was a nice place to stay for kids, lots to do for them. But very expensive for tent camping. I still paid nearly 100 a night.