Fires Unknown
About Fort Bellefonte Campground
Fort Bellefonte Campground is located in Pennsylvania
1 Review of Fort Bellefonte Campground
Use caution

Let me start by saying that I assume the campground was not even fully open for the season yet so perhaps some of these problems occurred over the winter and they just hadn't had time to get everything in order yet. That being said, when we arrived the office was locked and we walked around for awhile before a woman (owner?) came by on a golf cart and told us to wait a few more minutes for her. Then, when we finally got checked in, she took my husband to show him where the site was. It was WAY too small and they should have known that ahead of time since they knew our trailer length. We literally would have been hanging over a hill. She took us to what she said was the only other available site. Looked like it had been a back in at one time, but she made us pull in meaning our truck was directly behind the trailer ahead of us with no way for us to drive off the site. We were with friends who were doing the driving that weekend, but if we had been on our own we would not have been able to drive anywhere- especially if the sites on either side of is were occupied. There was a burned out electrical box in front of our door and the water pipe was busted open. She told us we had to use the site down the hill from us for water, but our hose wasnt long enough. We talked about just using the bathroom there and not hooking up to water, but the womens room was locked with an out of order sign. After my daughter and I had to use the mens room, we went to walmart to buy a longer hose. That pipe was leaking and when we unhooked to leave it started gushing water and we couldn't turn it off. Had to go back down to the office to get someone (they were still sitting there watching the water when we left 20 min later).Bench and picnic table at the site were falling apart. There were farm animals there that did not look well cared for- though I'm certainly not an expert. Looks like it was a nice campground 20 years ago, but doesnt seem to have been maintained. To top it off, because it was considered a football weekend, they made us pay for 2 nights instead of just the 1 that we stayed. Total rip off considering the accomadations. We will not be back, but again, if they do some repairs and work on their customer service it could be a really nice place.