The best TENT SITES camping near
Nottingham , OHIO

Most Recent Nottingham Camping Reviews
What a horrible owner

What a dump. And what a horrible owner who told me I was "bitching" about the campground. I stayed one night after they put me down a steep hill that I barely got back up, near a portajohn, a run down permanent trailer and a construction site. It was pitch black and I would have had to unhook the truck just to drive to the bathhouse at the top of the campground hill. Even after I explained that I had traveled cross country with a sick dog and hadn't showered in 3 days. He wouldn't give me my money back when I checked out after 1 night even since I had prepaid for a week. For a lower price, you can stay 15 minutes west on Indian Lake. It's no wonder he is selling the place. He's running it into the ground with a bad attitude and dumpy spots.

Great place to relax

My family camped here last summer and it was a nice getaway. Nice pool and clean pond for swimming and fishing.

Unexpected happy surprise!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 3 nights. Loved our spot (a fellow camper asked if we knew the mayor to get it…we don’t). Some hiking right from the site. Access down the trails to the water. Loved the bat boxes along the trails by the local boy scouts. Great dog walking areas. Very quiet, low capacity. Thoroughly enjoyed the nearby Ntl Museum of the USAF.

Maybe they get better later in the season

It’s a KOA, but even for a KOA this one was sub-par. Granted, we visited in late March, and they may not have been at peak season form. But… The entry road is one lane. If you meet another vehicle someone has to back up. That’s just poor design. The roads in the campground need grading. Lots of holes and ruts. The site we were given wasn’t level, and it took a bit of maneuvering to get level. The “dog park” was a mud hole. The internet was extremely slow. And, like all KOAs, sites are very close together! However, on the plus side, the showers, bathrooms and laundry were Done all clean and neat. They have a pool (not open when we visited). Also a large playground, jumping pad and a small store. There was also grass between sites, instead of gravel, which is unusual for a KOA.

Quiet but close

Wonderful gem close to Caesar’s Creek and historic Waynesville. Sites are level with plenty of shade.

Friends and Fun

Great time with Great People! Very family oriented place. Pool is heated, spacious. Cornhole, playgrounds, basketball available. Live music on weekend. Walking trails to lake. Will be back!

Fun and Friendly

Very welcoming campground with many seasonal RVs. Everyone was friendly throughout the stay. Multiple fishing spots for young and old. Pool was relaxing with laid back feel. Would return.

Rolling Hills & Good Hiking

With only vault toilets and 10 electric sites, this campground isn’t for everyone. But if you can make it past those unique features, camping here is actually great. With hiking trails directly linked to the campgrounds, it’s easy to explore the beautiful park. And this really is a great gem in Ohio, as part of the Miami river and Clifton gorge, the terrain is distinct, and breathtaking. Also, the camp hosts were incredibly friendly and the maintenance of the vault toilets was the best I have seen.

Hidden gem

Traveling with a dog is not always easy, but I throughly enjoyed my stay. Will be back again, happy it wasn’t full of people. Wifi strong, Verizon service great, premium electric (I have 30amp and there was a hookup), no water as it’s winter meaning no bathrooms (there is a porterhouse). Clean sites and friendly folks.

THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.