Bethania , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bethania Camping Reviews
Very nice, quiet,Primative camping

This camp ground is very small and on the side of a very quiet road next to beautiful fields with breath taking views it has no paved roads so bring a truck or suv sedans will get stuck easily there is no cell service and it is very clean of trash perfect quiet getaway

Back to Nature.....You’ll Love It

Jomeokee Campground is a well cared for small campground and has such a calming and peaceful natural vibe. If you like “natural” “real” campgrounds without all the asphalt and concrete, you will love this one. I camp to get out into nature.

The trees, the adjacent pastures, the farm pond, the rolling hills, and the scenic views make this a great little campground. The bottom row of sites looks directly at Pilot Mtn in the distance. The sunsets are gorgeous.

The large grassy fields have lots of kids and adults playing ball and frisbee. They allow tent groups and everyone seems to be having a great time.

This is a very quiet campground at night. The camp host leads you in and makes sure you are situated in your site. Another camp host delivers firewood to your site if you place order.

The bath house is centrally located and is clean. They also have a dump station on the property.

The owner rides thru frequently and visits with campers. This campground is very pet friendly.

We were here in early Sept 2020 and in site 51

Million dollar view!

This campground is full of gorgeous trees and a gorgeous view of Pilot Mountain. We arrived after dark and found it way too hard to navigate through the trees. We called the owner and he took us to a pull through site, which we greatly appreciated after traveling all day. Definitely book those spots if you have a big RV. In the morning we were greeted by the owners dog who was such a welcomed addition, our kids loved her. The dirt road to get to the sites and close trees were hard for us to navigate with such a big rig but that was partly because it was dark.

Beautiful Campground

Beautiful location, 20 mins from Pilot Mountain, 5 minutes from Mt Airy. The staff was very friendly and truly cared to make sure your stay was going to be a good one. This was my first time ever camping in a fifth wheel, and I felt very comfortable throughout my stay. My RV neighbors were great and very courteous. I’m planning on another trip to this campground on the near future.

Great Adventure in SW Virginia

This weekend was a great adventure in SW Virginia. We stayed in a Yurt. It has no electricity or water but the bath house was close. The yurt has a double bed, a twin trundle, a couch and some chairs, and a table and chairs. It also has a large wrap around deck with rocking chairs. A picnic table, lamp post, and fire ring are also provided at the site. We hunted and found fairy stones which made the trip that much more fun. It was just after covid 19 started and lessening restrictions began so the beach was closed and there were few people at the campground but we had a great time riding bikes and hiking. We even went to the Creeper Trail and rode our bikes from White Top to Damascus.

In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Absolutely beautiful

We came here as our second ever camping trip and it wasn’t exactly what we were expecting but it was definitely an adventure. It was beautiful and quiet and relaxing. The only thing we were not happy about is the insane amount of bugs in the bathroom. But, ya know North Carolina summers.

A really nice place

We stayed at the Stone Mountain campground 5 nights/6 days, and enjoyed every minute of it. There aren’t many trees between the RV/full hook up sites, but they’re far enough apart that you don’t feel like you’re on top of your neighbor. There is a gorgeous little creek that runs through the middle of the full hook up sites, which made it even more peaceful sitting around the fire at night, and our daughter loved exploring it during the day. The bathhouse was a ways away from our site (53), so we typically rode a bike or drove the truck. This could be problematic for someone with limited mobility, or small children that can’t hold it very long. But it wasn’t really an issue for us. The bathhouse was usually spotless, well stocked with toilet paper, well heated, and not very busy at all. The showers will get pretty warm, which surprised me, and the pressure is pretty good as well. However, you have to push the button down every 10-15 seconds, and the stall is pretty small. They are sufficient for washing off the sweat and dirt from spending a day hiking though. We did a lot of hiking, which is the reason we went. There are a wide assortment of trails, from easy and moderate, all the way to strenuous and advanced. All of them are equally gorgeous, but I highly recommend the loop trail, which takes you by the Stone Mountain falls, then around the base and over the summit of Stone Mountain, and by the Hutchinson homestead. You can also branch off that trail and go to the middle and lower falls, which were also absolutely gorgeous. The summit climb by the Hutchinson homestead is pretty strenuous, but very much worth the views. I’d really recommend taking a blanket and snacks, and resting on the top for a little breather and to take in all that surrounds you. The creek throughout the park is delayed harvest trout waters, which is great for people that enjoy fishing. The creeks are incredibly clear, and so serene. The park doesn’t allow campers to bring in, or harvest their own fire wood, but they do sell bundles at the check in station for $5. The staff was helpful and nice, and the park is very quiet, clean, and family friendly. Keep your eyes open, we saw wild turkey and deer in abundance.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

Perfect stopping spot

Located on the parkway and owned by great people. Hiking on property to get you started. Great spot to access nearby attractions. Can’t wait to go back and play