About Mount Pisgah Campground
National Park Service
Mount Pisgah Campground is located in Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina
10 Reviews of Mount Pisgah Campground
Bad timing

We came into this campground during a very bad storm, actually hurricane. Our stay was cold, very windy and wet! It was a very nice place and campsite was fairly secluded. There was a steel box to secure food and wood. Not very big, but nice. No electricity. We left b/c of storm after first night.

Great experience

This was our first time camping at the site. Very well kept, clean and quiet (except for a couple of dogs that kept going at it). Site was semi-secluded and perfect for our truck tent. Nice restrooms and showers close by. Picnic table and fire ring provided along with a secure food lockup container. Plenty of trails nearby along with the Pisgah Inn right across the street. We will be back!

Beautiful piece of nature.

Camped here with a friend and our dogs over the weekend. The campground is right off of the Blue Ridge Parkway so you hear all the traffic. It didn't bother us at all. The campsites are very spacious and private. For some you can make a reservation, some you just show up. Its just a little bit odd, that some campsites have space for just one vehicle. But I heard you can park a second one across the street at the Pisgah Inn. There are also hiking trails nearby. Unfortunately it was very foggy when we stayed so we couldn't enjoy the view in the morning. We would definitely camp here again. It's just a beautiful piece of nature and the park rangers were very nice

A clean beautiful campground with fresh clean air and very peaceful.

Good clean facilities. Nice spacious campsites for tent camping and RV's. No hookup but a good dump station. Both back in and pull through sites. At 5,000 plus ft it was cool enough that we didn't need AC. Just open the windows and let the fresh mountain air blow through. Will return next year and probably stay for a month.

Clean, Efficient, Bear-Proof, Amazing!

Loved this campground, and so did my kids! Winding through the trees on the little trails to get to the bathroom/shower, running up and down the hills, playing with all the caterpillars they could find! It was a heaven for them! Loved that there was a Bear Box at the site, and bear proof trashcans so nearby - no driving to the entrance of the campground to find the dumpster! Wish we could have stayed and done some of the nearby hiking! will have to make a second trip here!

Nice Campground

Although it has been a couple of years since staying here, I was very pleased with my experience. The campsites are not very expensive and they are a good size. Each site had a "bear trashcan", because Black Bears do live in the area. It had nice restrooms & showers for those who don't like to do the call of nature in nature. There is some good hiking trails nearby and of course, the hike up to Mt. Pisgah is good short, but technical hike. There is also a restaurant nearby that is seasonal, so check the calendar. This is also a nice campground if you are a cyclist, being right on the parkway. It makes for some great riding.

Piece of Heaven on earth

I drive 5 hours 2 to 3 times a year to experience this place. The weather is cool in the summer and cold in the fall. The leaves i. The fall are absolutely beautiful and the sites are arranged well for privacy in most outer sites. We only stay in C or D LOOP B

Not too far from Asheville & directly off the Blue Ridge Pkwy

FYI: I was tent camping.

First you stop at the offfice and they give you a map that shows you what is already reserved (online) and what might be open on the first come first serve basis.

We drove the loop and some spots had the R for Reserved, some had the tags showing taken and some already had tents up but I didn’t see a tag. I found a good spot that had a nice tent base that wasn’t right next to any others and sent my friend back to the office to secure it (for $20 a night). But then this ranger walks up to tell me that the bathroom that it was a short walk away, was having leaks so it would be a much further walk to an available bathroom and ones that didn’t have a shower. So, we moved again and got D-10. It was a nice spot and not really that far of a walk to the bathrooms. It was not that easy to find a nice spot that wasn’t directly next to another campsite but we came in around 3pm.

Our unit had a nice picnic table, a lantern pole, storage cabinet (for our kitchen supplies - food was stored in my car) and fire pit that has a grill for over the top. It had some only partially burned logs in it and with small twigs and branches that I found, we were able to re-use the old logs and not need additional firewood (we only used the fire for s’mores since I have a propane stove.)

It’s a little bit of a drive from downtown Asheville and you do drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Good for scenery and viewing stars along the lookout points as there is little light pollution out here. Theres also a nice waterfall hike less than 10 miles down the road and countless other hiking trails nearby. Bad if you get stuck waiting for traffic while they repave the road and someone who cannot stay at the posted 35mph when you are trying to get somewhere in a timely manner.

All in all, I liked the site and probably would go back to explore more!

Quiet Piece of Heaven

Get ready to shed your stress. Camp sites are not on top of one another and it is stunningly quiet here. Great place to set up your hammock and swing the day away.

A must stop while touring the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Mountain top

Nice campground, limited facilities. Beautiful area on Parkway. Across the street from Pisgah In