About Saddle Campground

Saddle Campground offers 16 single units for tents or RV's. Mixed conifer/aspen forest sites provide southern NM escape from summer heat on the desert floor Tables, fire rings, parking spurs, gray water sumps, toilets, showers, central garbage depository, plus interpretive trails. RVs are limited to a maximum of 30' in length.

(Sacramento District Camping Brochure)

National Forest
Saddle Campground is located in New Mexico
Directions
Travel east on US82 from Cloudcroft, turn left onto NM244. Approximately 4 miles turn right at the Silver-Saddle-Apache Campground Complex sign (Forest Road 24C).
4 Reviews of Saddle Campground
My favorite

Beautiful, peaceful. Loved it.

Beautiful! Reminds me of Colorado

My husband and I wanted a cool getaway during the heat of Texas summer, and although Cloudcroft was 9.5-10 hours from home, it was worth it. Being from Colorado I was seeking the cool evenings, crisp air, pine tree smells and sounds. Plus some REAL hiking at altitude. We stayed at the Saddle Campground, which is one of maybe 4-5 campgrounds in the area. They are paved for trailers/campers, but no hookups or water. Just pit bathrooms, which was fine by us. There was dispersed camping on 568, which is a turn off 244. We chose this campground for the view but also because the hosts at the Pines campground were bizarre about rules…like when we went for a hike on the little Fir trail in the area, they got upset with us for walking through a campground. The hikes in the area are legit - we went over to Bailey canyon and saw maybe 2 people. We did a loop from 568 north and back down through Bailey canyon. There’s also the OSHA trail that’s mostly easy with great views of the trestle and White Sands in the distance. I can’t wait to go back!

Wonderful!

Site is quiet and privateClean toilets. Really enjoyed our stay! amazing hiking!

Fantastic site

Beautiful area near town. Site is quiet (minus the host's generator) and there is a nice, short trail surrounding the site. Clean toilets, fire wood available for sale by host, and plenty of flat, soft areas for tents. Really enjoyed our stay!