Camping in Countryside Parks

23 Reviews of 9 Countryside Parks, Nebraska Campgrounds

Michael P.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Great, but no toilets

For tent campers South Park is a great little spot. Shelter and power.

Water outlets were locked save 1.

No toilets or Porta Potties.

If RVing, you'll need to go to the town hall to get the septic and water unlocked.

Danny H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice location if you want to hike or fish

This is a general parking area for folks that want to fish, or use the beautiful, paved and lit hiking trail. However, it is close to I-80, so traffic noise is bad at night.

Frana B.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Great overnight spot!

Free. No facilities. Flat, established, wide dirt road. Multiple pull offs for camping, mostly flat. Cross a bridge to get there - dual axel limit 10 Tons. Trailer limit 23 Tons. Next to I-80 so some highway drone. Max of 3 days in 6 day period.

Great overnight spot! Such a nice surprise to…

Matthew B.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Quiet and quaint county park.

They have about 15 or so rv parking pads with water and electric sites with a dump station near by. Park was very clean and quiet. Park is well maintained also.

Site8B
Bohdan T.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Beware of Possum

Basic primitive campsites along a gravel road, no fires, can stay up to 3 nights max, and is about 200 yard from the interstate. So I wouldn't recommend this spot if the highway noise bothers you.

A fat possum waddled up to me when I was setting up my tent in the dark since I pulled up to this…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Barry M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Great Location to Relax!

Always a great place for a weekend get away!  Kids love to explore on their bikes.  Nice trail to the Platte River.  Just a nice escape location!

Month of VisitNovember
Avery R.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A special place

Found this campground The Dyrt. 10 or so RV sites and a large tent area. Tent area require walking in (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I opted to pay thenRV fee and set my tent up in the grass near my car. Nice spot.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Perfect family place

Upper big blue is fantastic at the upkeep of the lake. They are non invasive and polite. Only thing I would change is having showers. Daily fees $15 And you can stay up to 14 days. They have around 10 hookups for RVs and a large area for camping with separate bathrooms. They also have a pavilion…

Heather C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2020

Sunset Reset

We stopped here for 1 night on our way through Nebraska. We arrived around 4:00 pm on a Saturday in September (record high temperatures 97°) hoping to get a spot as it states first come first serve. We were very lucky only 1 site was open and the off site host happen to be there when we arrived…

J
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2020

Quiet and serene

My husband and I were able to get a primitive site right next to one of the lakes. Our site was secluded from the other campers but it was a bit of a walk to the vault toilets. We even saw some deer in the field next to the campground. Great for an overnight stop!

Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

Bader review

When first arriving there is an office that has showers, bait, and vending machines. Tons of tent spots to choose from. You have the option to fish from 3 or 4 ponds plus the river is walking distance. Beach area for kids seems to have people there often. Good weekend get away.

Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

My main get in spot for kayaking

Over the years this has been my get in spot for around 100 kayaking trips. I’ve never had any issues with anyone messing with my vehicle. People from Grand Island have ruined this park by partying. Now it’s closed half the time and no alcohol is allowed. When it reopens I will still use this as my…

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.

Matt H.

Not Bad

Typically this park is used by locals for its river access. Tooley is maintained by Hamilton County and is usually in decent condition. Alot of times the area is crowded since it is a pretty popular point to get in and out of the river when kayaking, tubing, etc.