McSwain , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent McSwain Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake view

Second time at Flint Creek in Wiggins Mississippi. Stayed during the middle of January of 2021 on site 29.

The back of the site backs up to the lake, with plenty of beach to fish or hangout. This site would be perfect during the summer if you wanted to swim. The site had full hookups with 50amp connection. Plenty of space between sites. Also there are several shower/restrooms located throughout the Seneca Campground.

Only thing negative about the site was that it was not level. I had to add an extra step to get in and out of my travel trailer.

Will definitely go back.

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

I grew up camping this park.

It was nice to revisit this park and reminisce. This is a very well maintained park with nice shady campsites. It is definitely one of the best parks in the area. They have bath houses with washers and dryers on site. The campgrounds have their own beach but, the bottom is usually soft and oozy mud. Good fishing out on the lake. Used to be good bass in the Lilly pads on the opposite side of the bridge. If you travel this area I would recommend staying at this park!

Closed due to "hurricane damage"

It's closed, most are. This one says due to hurricane damage and public safety. They can't get around to fixing it but sure can show up to tell you to leave. It looks like its just as nice as the other reviews state but doesn't matter, for now.

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Very nice and peaceful!

Very nice and clean campground. Plenty of room between spaces. Space was uneven but nothing my leveling blocks couldn't handle. Had water, 50/30 amp and sewer hook-up. There is also a dump station on the grounds. Had picnic table about 10-15 ft from camper slab. Also had fire pit about 15 ft from camper slab. There was a beach area on the property but my wife said there was a lot of soft mudd on the bottom rather than sand. You can rent jon boats and paddle boats for the lake. They also have a boat launch. We have Verizon and our friends have AT&T. Both of us had terrible connectivity. There is no WiFi. They had clean restrooms and bath houses. Also had washer and dryers. There are Cabins and tent sites also. No alcohol is allowed on the grounds. You check-in kinda like a drive thru, you pull up to a window and they check you in. You don't have to get out of your vehicle until you are in your spot. On the day we were there, there is some property near by that was having a dove hunt and basically just a lot of shooting. It woke us up pretty early Saturday morning but that won't happen all the time. Plus that's not the campgrounds fault. We stayed in a double spot #'s 31 and 32. We would go here again.

Beautiful Quiet Camping

This is a very well maintained park and campground

Excellent and clean!

The cabins are beyond beautiful, and have been well kept up. I have always received THE BEST customer service, and the kids love the play areas. All in all, the best place for a family get away in the area!

Year 2021 Flag