The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Carland , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Carland Camping Reviews
Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Omg great family / kids time to unplug!!

Tenting at its finest… brother his wife and 5 kids my husband at the time and 4 kids reserved a group area and had a blast teaching and showing those who had never camped how fun it could be!! No cell/internet service but that was perfect!! Great time to unplug and just enjoy our surroundings and begin to learn our own creativity! Learned how to ensure food was safe and tucked away from coons along with the good ole fashion porta potties …. nothing Lysol can can’t fix there but with a total of 8 males (6 being under 18….) always have a can of Lysol when porta potties were in our future lol Definitely would go back when ready for a”rustic” camping event!

Busy busy busy

Nice family/ Christian campgrounds… ok for those who care not enjoy alcohol beverages while vacationing, great activities set up for the kids. Clean and cautious due to Covid as necessary. Definitely recommend to families w kids that are on the conservative side and would like to keep their faith religiously on sundays with service and etc. As well as always being actively filled. Had my step daughters 8th grade graduations done two years in a row there at their auditorium as well.

First Camping Trip in 2020

We finally got out camping together July 7th for a week! We do not have our own unit as of yet so we rented a Pop Up Camper for the week. Unfortunately we were only able to stay here for a few days of that week tues-fri as there wasn’t a single site open fri-sat. We took this first half of our camping trip alone n’ had a great time! Huge campgrounds, very clean facilities right on top of COVID procedures making us extremely comfortable! In one of our many walks we took down several sites we would like to rent next season! Hoping to have our own camper by then which I’m sure will guarantee an even greater experience!

Camping close to home

Clean campground and well maintained. Two different loops to choose from for camping. Only drawback is the distance from the lake. The lake is not within walking distance, you would need to drive.

Bruin Lake

Very clean! Newer restrooms two separate bath houses. Water was clean at the beach but no sand just a grassy area though I saw kids playing in the sand of the volleyball court. There is a new large playground structure and nice but short paved path for kids to bike or scooter around. Start balm mile mown hiking path by the boat dock For hikers or mountain bikers this site is 2 miles from the Waterloo/Pinckney Rec trails and you can get there by the main roads. It's also within 20 min Drive of the new DTE mountain bike trails in Chelsea. For Kayakers and boaters there is a long stretch of tie ups near the lower Lake edge sites. Also a really nice long fishing dock. ADA friendly sites and access to all water spigots and restrooms. We spent the weekend here with some friends for a weekend of running adventures on the trails and had a great time. We plan on coming back with kayaks and getting a lower or outside loop site by the lake on our next trip. The sites can be weird sizes, some are larger some are smaller and slanted. We saw a couple campers with larger rigs getting into arguments over the boundaries of the sites. So pay attention to the yellow boundary markers and check the dimensions when booking. Bryin Lake is 30 min from home for us so a great quick weekend getaway.

Good, clean fun

Good, quiet campground (unless your on a site around the playground)lots to keep the kids busy, bonus ice cream store

Better than most fair campgrounds

There is camping here during eaton county fair and a couple other events. The campsites are in a wooded area which makes it look like an actual campground.

Bruin Lake

Nice campground on Bruin Lake. Connected to several lakes, nice to kayak and motor boat through.