Standard (Tent/RV)
About Silver Creek State Forest Campground

Sites available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations. 26 sites for tent and small trailer use located on the scenic Pine River. This campground offers opportunity for hiking and mountain biking on its Silver Creek Pathway. Nearby canoe landing provides access to the river. Rustic campground includes vault toilets and potable water from well hand pump.

Hike In
Max Length: 40 ft.
Silver Creek State Forest Campground is located in Michigan
8 Reviews of Silver Creek State Forest Campground
Scenic, rustic, beautiful

It's a small rustic campground along the national scenic Pine River.

It gets  busy on the weekends with hikers and kayaks,  but quits down during the week. I was here 5 days for the Indian Summer and it was fantastic to witness here. Beautiful hiking trail and river.

Loved it.

Very nice campground with a small hiking trail from the sites

I stayed here for two nights recently.  The campground is not too large with 18 or 19 sites if I remember correctly.  Most of the sites are pretty private and a few are along the river that runs along the campground.  The water is very peaceful to listen to while falling asleep.

There are ample vault toilets and enough parking for one or two vehicles on most sites.  The sites are not that large, so large RVs will not fit.

Plenty of space for a tent or two per site.  Each site has a fire ring and a picnic table.  Finding firewood in the campground is near impossible, so plan to bring some or buy some before you arrive.

Absolutely beautiful

So many trails and beautiful camp sites on the river.

Gorgeous Walk-Ins on the Pine River

Nice, clean, quiet campground. The drive-in sites are a little loud because it’s mostly RV’s, but the walk-in sites were secluded and amazing! Limited cell service in the parking lot, no service at my site. Firewood available down the road a bit. Walk-in sites are right on the river: you could see kayakers passing and I took a dip in the river in the morning. We came in mid-August and the weather was amazing. Best campground I have been to yet!

Small with River Views

Cute little campground with basic amenities. The best part is how close you are to the Pine River. Nice bridges to cast a line (though I didn’t catch anything during the one day we spent there!) and access to an EXCELLENT hike. Take the time to hike up to the Lincoln Bridge State forest campground with awesome views high above the river and hike back along the water on the other side. Next time, we’ll drop our canoe at one end, drive back to our site, hike back to the canoe, the paddle our way home.

Small park on the pine

A few great sites on the river, sites are close together. No ranger so expect noise.

Quiet, remote, unspoiled

I hesitate to write a review for this campground, because I don't want people to find it! But when I was looking for it, I was grateful for those who had reported on it. It's a lovely, quiet, private, in-the-middle-of-nowhere-in-the-middle-of-Michigan place on the beautiful Pine River. We listened to it burble past us all night long and it was heavenly.

Early June brought few campers yet; I don't know how busy it gets in the height of summer. It was just the quiet I needed to start the summer season. The Silver Creek Pathway is a great hike around the river -- other than that, we just enjoyed reading at the campfire and swimming in the super cold river.

Silver Creek State Forest Campground

This is an amazing discovery! This small (under 30 sites) simple campground has decent sites with many along the creek. There are 3 sets of m/f vault toilets that are very clean. Weekend kayakers camp here as they take a 2 day trip down Silver Creek. During the week the campground was almost empty. The 8 mile hiking loop follows the river and intersects with some off road trails. I drove 40 minutes to the start of the Manistee River Trail which is a magnificent hiking and backpacking destination. There are only small towns around here so bring all your supplies. If you have a group and get in early enough, the walk in sites are grouped together in a loop of the creek. I saw a group happily doing daily kayaking while gathering at night to enjoy company around the campfire under the stars. Don't miss this gem!

Year 2021 Flag