About Forestville Campground

The Forestville Rustic Campground is located just north of the chalet at our Forestville Trailhead. There are 20 rustic first-come, first-served sites tucked into the woods with fire-pits and picnic tables available at some sites. Pit toilets are on site and water is available on the west side of the chalet. Sites are $15/night. Your camping fees help maintain the non-profit facility and trails. Campground is generally open May - October. While we do not take individual site reservations, the entire Forestville Facility including campground is available to rent for special events. (Note we are not renting for large events in 2020).

Price
$20.00
Private
Hike In
Forestville Campground is located in Michigan
2 Reviews of Forestville Campground
Away from the hustle and bustle

Nice rustic camping. No types of hookups for anything, and large RVs will not be able to access these sites! Only a one lane path with tight turns. The largest vehicle I saw during my few days here was a pickup truck with a bed-mounted camping unit. Sites aren’t very private, and are somewhat cramped, but I’ve certainly seen worse. Outhouses are clean. The coordinates are a little off on the map, but they will get you in the immediate vicinity which makes it easy to figure out where the campground is. LOTS of trails! Unfortunately, while the pole mounted lights are good for security, they are extremely bright. I didn’t notice the one near my site when I set up camp, and it blasted directly into my face at night. Not all sites have fire rings, so don’t start fires at a site without one!

Super awesome rustic spot!

Forestville was pretty great. We arrived in Marquette at around 8pm on a Thursday and needed a place to stay. Every other campground in the city were full but we found this one on google. We couldn’t find an address (46.5822020,-87.4770072 ) so we called the number and the operator (I didn’t get his name) was really helpful and stayed on the phone with us until we were almost there, giving us turn by turn directions. It can be a bit hard to find. There are 20 sites and all are first come first serve. There’s no one on site to tell you if anything is available so you just have to go look. On Thursday night there were 5 spots for us to choose from. Saturday night was the only night that I knew people were showing up and not getting spaces. There are a couple fire rings and a couple picnic tables dispersed throughout all the campsites that you can be lucky enough to have one at your site when you get there or steal them when people leave their site. Pit toilets and 1 water spigot. We would stay there again.