Camping in Huntersville

213 Reviews of 31 Huntersville, Kentucky Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Good place

Its a good friendly place to camp nice clean restrooms a pool and fishing ponds

Maze M.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Spacious, Peaceful Campgrounds

I am currently here and I gotta say I am impressed. The bathrooms are clean, I am not close to my neighboring campers, the parking spots are huge, and it's a great area to walk around.

• The Recreational Area
  • A view of the campsite
  • Deer
SiteSmith Ridge - Site 32
The Grass F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Perfect Tent Camp Experience

The tent camp sites on the island were aptly distanced from one another. The other campers seemed to have an unspoken sense of support. Multiple people offered ice, and even campground host offered to air up air mattresses.

There was plenty of driftwood on site to burn, but if you're going to…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Sad campground for such a beautiful area

We stayed two nights in the Ridgeline Campground, site R22. This is a beautiful area, but there is nothing beautiful about the campground. Seemed run down and the spots are right next to each other. Make sure to watch the “max vehicle length” - we have a 21’ van and we barely fit into our site…

• Ridgeline Campground site R22
SiteR22
R
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Amazing!

This camp ground is perfect for weekend camping! It has a pen that hold 2 mules and the view of the mountains is amazing!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great spot

So easy to get to off i40. Beautiful place with spacious lots and many trees for shade. Gated campground for safety and Hannah to us right to our spot and get all hook up. We e are here only one night g ht but awesome place. Wifi works great.

Sitea11
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Peaceful stay on the water

Very nice campground on Cordell Hull Lake. Kayaking, boating, fishing and swimming are possible. Waterside camping available. Cell service is spotty and minimal WiFi is available to check in with family or check the weather. Very peaceful. Had a nice, stress free 3 day weekend.

Douglas K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

One of my first State Parks

This is the first State Park I visited in the mid sixties. Great place for a family reunion. There is a small swimming area that is kid friendly, Canoes and kayaks are available. Fishing is allowed with license

There are numerous cabins and lodges. Covered pavilions can be rented for large…

Drew E.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Awesome campground

Took my kids swimming here last weekend. We got a day use pass pass $5 per adult. Kids under 6 are free to get in so all my kids were free. The kids had the best time. Thinking about going back this weekend!

Sitedayuse
Annette A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great place to camp, go swimming and kayaking.

This is a great campground. We love it here. We’ve been here three times now and will keep coming back. The staff is friendly and engaging.

SiteSite number 5
N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Loved this area!

I love coming back to this area - there’s always so much to see! We got a cabin and cooked outside w/marinated chicken breast and charcoal that I brought w/us. Beautiful area!

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Beautiful place

I love that there was a pool to cool off on a hot day at this campground. I love exploring the area, and hiking trails.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Hand pick your site if you can

The sites are inconsistent between their sizes on the Clifty campground.  We had two small tents and one car.  If we had any more gear or people it would have been uncomfortable.

I had to be careful when parking as I had to avoid the water supply, 2 trees, a safety pole for the water supply…

• This park still allows for paying with cash or check.
  • They did have a home made lock on the dumpster by our campsite.  No other bear precautions were really visible as they had the standard trash cans around the park.
  • We didn't see any bears but did keep our food contained.
Keith N.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great place

We had a very large area. The spots were large, and easy to maneuver. The hiking trails are great. They had areas to sit, and enjoy the view. My only complaint was, it’s closeness to I-40. You can hear the traffic. Now it is not overbearing by any means. It is just in the background slightly.…

SiteE-2
Terri F.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Quiet lake front

A variety of large sites. From full hooks ups to group tent sites. The trash at the swimming beach was never taken out while we were there, and the dumpsters were all full. The bathrooms were cleaned regularly though, and the views were breathtaking. Dog friendly, but not at the swimming area.…

• view of the lake from inside our camper.