The best YURTS camping near
Lawn Ridge , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Lawn Ridge Camping Reviews
Great in the off season too

Bartender was perplexed when I asked to (car) camp in December but was very friendly and let me do my thing even in their off season! Sooo much cheaper than SR and actually much close to the hiking trails.

Great Little Capmground

Stayed here only 1 night - bit would love to come back for a longer stay.

Very Clean, very goos hosts/owners and a great location near the town of Geneseo and right along a river for kayak, Canoe, SUP activity.

Very Wooded sites - with old huge trees.   Sights are a little close together, but didn't feel crowded.

Also stayed during a vintage camper event and saw some great old-school campers and Motorhomes.

Nice Place

This is a nice, quiet little campground. The sites up on the hill are nicely spaced out and deep. We will definitely be back. The only issue we had was the narrow road up the hill, I would hat to be half way up and meet another camper coming down.

Well kept and all around great campground

This campground had spacious sites with several different sections suited towards camper trailers and tents. I stayed in the outback in my tent and had no neighbors so that was great! With a general store, laundry, and very clean bathrooms and showers there isn’t much you would need to leave for. Only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star is because I was told check out time was 2pm when it was actually earlier than that and I missed it by maybe 30 mins. An older employee came by and was a prick about it threatening to charge me another $32 for barely missing the time even though there was no rush to leave with no one coming in behind me.

Very friendly people that have it

Great camping and close to the bike trail. At the time it is $22 for a camp site and $45 for a cabin. Very nice camp store and WiFi

It's Abandon campground we lost our money.

We booked for 9 people and Pleasant creek booked three Cabins 212, 213 and 312 they says these cabins were AC We paid $700.

Few in our group were hanicape.  after reservation and credit card charged we had few questions we made at least 20 calls no one picked. I live in Bolingbrook Illinois bcz I booked and was responsible drove to this place 2 hrs to check out.

Found out this place was abandant, no cabins, and looked scary and closed. I came back trying to ask my monhey back no answer or E mails replies. This place is a scam please be careful. I also, filed a police report lost my money not happy and very embrassed in front of my group.

Please, do not trust this place and do not book on credit card I lost my money.

Thanks,

Soni

What creek?

I honestly can’t get over this campground. I’ve stayed at some sketchy grounds but this….the facilities were nice, general store is convenient and sells beer and 24hr firewood access is the only thing saving this review. There is zero privacy in the tent sites, upper Creekside is a good spot for if it rains but be aware of the intense incline. The “creek” isn’t an actual creek but just rain runoff. The older gentleman that runs the place is pretty rude, and the security is obnoxious with how often they circle around the sites. The fishing pond is subpar. At $36/night(stayed 2 nights so $72 in total) I could have stayed at a state park with actual water access and with privacy for around $20 total. This is definitely not somewhere locals should go and just let the tourists have it.

Nice little campground

This is very close to Starved Rock & Matthiessen State Parks, both of which are absolutely breathtaking! The campground is decent; lots of tents. Spots are pretty close together, but some have water & electricity; pull through spots available too. Nice camp store & small arcade. The fishing pond was NOT well kept, and the water tasted terrible—we ended up buying jugs of water because we couldn’t even stand to brush our teeth with it. Reasonable rates; we paid $44/night for pull through spot with water & electric. Fire ring & picnic table at each spot; firewood sold at camp store & outside firewood vending.

Nice Family run campground on Hennepin Canal

Spacious gravel sites in the trees. Clean restrooms and friendly helpful staff.

Close to parks

Close to local parks. Walking distance to bar. Great for when the other grounds are filled. Pics from Matthiessen