About Clinton Lake State Rec Area

Clinton Lake Camping features 17 Class AA campsites, 277 Class A campsites, 9 Class B/S campsites and 5 Class C campsites at Clinton Lake. Showers are available and most sites are adaptable to tents, trailers or motor homes. Each site is equipped with a grill and picnic table. Reservations can be made online at the Reserve America website. Camping loops H, I, J and K are alcohol-free. The wooded area along the lake provides the perfect setting to turn in after a long day of fun. Camp Quest group camp area for adults or youth groups has room for 75. It provides a secluded wooded setting and has a large shelter with electricity, three RV pads with electrical hookups, toilets, tables, grills and water. No shower facilities are present at the group camp area. Portions of the Class AA, A and B/S and the group camp are handicapped accessible. The shower buildings are closed by November 1st (may be earlier if bad weather) and reopen May 1 (may be earlier - weather depending).

Hike In
Clinton Lake State Rec Area is located in Illinois
4 Reviews of Clinton Lake State Rec Area
Great Place To Get Away

My first time was ruff.. just for the fact I brought my two youngins and my two dogs..That was a lil overwhelming but I did enjoyed myself.. definitely looking forward to going back..possibly without the kids or dogs

Nice but...

It’s a nice campground but it’s usually insanely busy. Holidays are crazy. I’ve heard people say you can sometimes get a nice, fairly secluded spot but I haven’t had the patience to try. We honestly try to avoid large crowds.

We arrived without reservations and were given friendly service. Clean and well cared for grounds. Had a great visit!

We spent 24 hours and plan to return. Great trails and views!

Off season. Seclusion

Had practically the whole campground to ourselves.

Water was turned off for winter which wasn't entirely clear. The RV fill was shutdown too. Water option we're the lake or a 30 min drive into town for bottled. Not a big deal but something to be prepared for.