Fires Unknown
About Manuka State Wayside - Hawaii
No Drinking Water
Manuka State Wayside - Hawaii is located in Hawaii
3 Reviews of Manuka State Wayside - Hawaii
Beautiful, plus great scuba diving

My husband and I really liked Manuka State Wayside. One thing we really loved about this place was that there was an awesome place to scuba dive close by. It was a company that took us out pretty far, and we were able to scuba dive with some turtles, and even saw some shark. I can't remember the name of the business, but it was right next to Manuka. The scuba diving took about 4hrs total, because of the boat ride plus dive. When we came back we played on the beach and did some people watching. We went to an ice cream shop up the road, and came back to the beach and watched the sunset. This area was pretty busy, but I think thats because it was during the summer. There is a walking/running path that goes along the beach that was nice as well. We walked along here in the evenings after dinner.

Daytime use

Went during the day to explore. Anywhere is Hawaii is pretty amazing!

Camping not really encouraged here, best I could tell

I guerrilla camped here in 2007, on a bike tour, but there were no obvious camping areas, and the locals having a picnic didn't think there was any camping there. As a biker, I didn't have many other choices, so I pitched a tent in a nook not visible from the road or parking lot, and it was fine for the evening.

I did hear a feral pig rustling in the bushes nearby, and spent the night wondering if I was going to be attacked by a feral pig looking for the empty baked bean can in my tent. To think I was smug when I thought at least I didn't have to worry about bears in Hawaii.