The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Gilleland , GEORGIA

Most Recent Gilleland Camping Reviews
Great Childhood Memories

We visited Vogel in April 2021 and it was just as good as I remembered as a child. My grandparents used to bring me here all the time when I was little. Some of my first camping experiences. It’s just as amazing today as it was then. We stayed in the area for small rigs and tents, #79. It was perfect for our camper. Even though we had terrible rain one day, we still made the best of it. I love the charm of the old parks where everything was smaller and seems more natural. The lake, the waterfalls, Blairsville, there is just so much to do up in the mountains.

Longest original cover bridge in Georgia

229 ft long covered bridge you can drive through (height and weight restrictions). Sites have power and water, dump station is available. Shower house with laundry. Hiking and bike trails. Shadey and quiet. Wade in the river below the bridge but careful, the rocks are slick.

Reminds me of a campground outwest.

By far one of the prettiest campground our state has to offer. With tons of hiking trail, a gorgeous lake , paved roads and sparkling clean facilities. We have camped several times , in the camper and tent.

Close to home and always neat and clean

Red Top is a great local campground on Lake Allatoona.  It has plenty of sites although a lot of the water front are tent only. The bath houses are updated and clean. Makes for a great weekend trip.

Very crowded weekends, great weekdays

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 7 nights. The weekend nights were so crowded with cars spilling into the camp roads, loads of large groups at each site. Felt very claustrophobic. On weekdays the park became a(lovely) ghost town. Very hilly within the campground but wide roads. Deer walking through the site. Good water views and hiking. Mountain biking a few miles down the road.

Camping and trails

This review is for Prim. Campsite 2 at WMBSP. It was ideal for our family of 4. We had 2 tents but you could probably fit at least 4 or 5 comfortably on the site. Beautiful view of Big Clouds Creek. Rushing water sound as there are some small rapids there. We caught 2 bass. There is a picnic table and a fire pit with a built in grill, but we cooked on our Coleman stove and charcoal grill mostly. The drive down is washed out a bit but a 2 wheel drive Tahoe handled it. Getting back up if it had been raining would probably not be guaranteed, so watch the weather carefully. This site is best enjoyed in dry weather. There is a water spigot but it’s in an area with red clay near the entrance to the site so it’s messy. The hike up to the bath house is fine but it will get your heart pumping. The bath house is clean. There is one shower on the lady’s side and two on the men’s. Hot water was wonderful. No washer and dryer any longer at the bath house so be prepared for that. We LOVED the hike to the bridge, about 6/10 of a mile. You will pass the ruins of a old hydro power plant.

Everything was perfect

I have nothing bad to say about this park. We loved our stay.

We RV'd at site 61 with our 21 foot long airstream. It was our very first trip with our airstream and we could not have asked for a better location. We loved the size and shape of the campsites. Ours had some stairs leading down to the firepit. It's a small detail but it made for a beautiful site!

The tall trees are abound and the constant sound of the creek water flowing was very peaceful.

Very quiet park. It was not very busy when we went because the temperatures were a bit chilly. Everyone was respectful with noise.

Bathrooms were in excellent condition. Great hot water and water pressure.

The Campground Hosts… this park is blessed with some heroes. One morning, it was pouring rain, and I did not want to walk in the cold rain to get to the shower. The camp host saw me waiting outside my airstream for the rain to slow down, and then he drove me (in his golf cart) to the showers. Then when I was done, he drove me back home!

We also had an issue on our way out of the park - our trailer jack broke when we were hitching up. We asked 2 camp hosts for their opinion and advice on what to do (again, this was our first time!), and they were both incredibly kind, explained our options, and one even gave us some supplies from his own toolbox to fix it! I think his name was Jeff. Jeff, thank you again for all of your help! We made it to Home Depot and fixed the jack, and we used one of the bolts you provided us!

Wonderful park with wonderful people - don't hesitate to book here!

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Family Park

This park is just renovated, the bathhouses are clean nice and big.. The sites are pretty big, shaded, no level but not too bad I'm always prepared,and we'll mainteined. It has has 2 dump stations. The park has a nice hiking trails and bikes trails, dog friendly.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.